1996 Sebring - Replacing Infinity amplifier harness?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jpac2

philly
Basically, I have a 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXI convertible. A couple months ago, the was a major storm and water leaked into my car, and got to the Infinity amplifier which is stupidly located underneath the passenger seat. Ever since then, my front four speakers have seized to work, and only my back two work. If you aren't familiar with this car, the front four speakers are powered by the amplifier as a pose to the back two being powered by the head unit, so I figured this must be the cause.

I recently bought a new stock amplifier on eBay because this is the only amp I could basically plug and play and hopefully it would start working. I plugged it in, and it still didnt work. I took a look at the actual harness that plugs into the amp, and of course I find a hole burned right dead center of the connection. My question is, if I buy a new harness, how exactly would I go about replacing the old harness with the new one? It looks like about 16 wires come up from underneath the car and they all go into one big connection. Would I have to cut the old plug off and then solder the wires together with the new plug? Maybe these pictures clear up what I am talking about. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

this is the amplifier plug
f58a1vj8.jpg

and this is the harness, all of the wires are visible for about 4 inches and then end up going under my car

03611sblyo7.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.