1995 LUmina dynamat HELp!!!!!

RobertFielding
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Windsor
ok, i have a 1995 lumina LS, and in the trunk right now i have a infinity perfect 12.1 subwoofer in a ported box... hooked up to the alpine MRV 100M amp... i know this isnt anyhting special compared to what poepel have on here, but it pounds... my problem is my trunk vibrates like no fricken 2maro... i put dynomat extreme on the trunk lid.... did not seem to help it much.... anyone dynmamt a car liek this, or the monte carlos of this year range?? I need help please, dont know where to put it, or what i shold look for. Thanks

What is vibrating? Trunks have all sorts of opportunities. If it's the trunk lid, see if you have an adjustable latch to tighten it down. If you have rattles, check tail lights, license plate, spoiler, anything that might be moving. Tighten, use silicone caulk, foam tape, etc. Have to study it to find exactly what your problems are. Could een be the rear deck.

well my trunk lid is one of the problems... and my tail lights are another... but i put some dynomat on them last night,.,, and it seemed not to do anything,...

i have a 97 lumina and i have a killer system that hits very hard... 2 12" FI ssd's and kicker zx1500.1 and i have no rattle at all.. i bought a dynamat extreme trunk kit... i used 2 layers of dynamat on the trunk lid. i removed the carpet in the trunk and dynamated the front of trunk and the sides of the trunk.. i also removed my tailights and the center piece with the reverse lights and dynamated both of them...

hmmm, i did that last night too, i took off the light on the trunk lid and put it there.... now should i have put the dynamat on the panel there or on the plastic light??? cuz i put it on the light:S, and did you cover your whole trunk lid, like every inch of it??? cuz right now i got the extreme door kit.... which is the same as the trunk lol, cept less peices and smaller. i put 2 peices on the trunk. covered from the latch almsot to the other side.... how did you overlap???

hmmm, i did that last night too, i took off the light on the trunk lid and put it there.... now should i have put the dynamat on the panel there or on the plastic light??? cuz i put it on the light:S, and did you cover your whole trunk lid, like every inch of it??? cuz right now i got the extreme door kit.... which is the same as the trunk lol, cept less peices and smaller. i put 2 peices on the trunk. covered from the latch almsot to the other side.... how did you overlap???

x2 for the trunk kit.

hmmm was wondering, for my trunk lid, could i use that crack filler stuff, the expanding foam??, ive read that if you use to much you it will dent your metal. so what if i just put a little bit???, or can anyone suggest another good sound deadening materal, that can be buaght at a local store, and is cheaper then dynmat please

They make a version of the foam that expands less, but you'll need to be able to reach all the open pockets to make sure they get filled in.

Could also stuff it with blanket batting and pack it tight.

hmmm was wondering, for my trunk lid, could i use that crack filler stuff, the expanding foam??, ive read that if you use to much you it will dent your metal. so what if i just put a little bit???, or can anyone suggest another good sound deadening materal, that can be buaght at a local store, and is cheaper then dynmat please
Great Stuff expanding foam

is what you are talking about and it works really well. You do need to be careful with it. Just don't use latex expanding foam - it can hold moisture and cause rust. The red can is the one you want.

so rudy that stuff is good?? wont hurt my panels or anything?????
The potential exists to warp panels, but I've never seen an actual case. Just don't fill gaps all the way up to allow for expansion - the stuff ends up twice as big as it starts. I fill gaps 1/2 way and haven't had a problem. If it oozes out of openings, you can cut it back with a knife or saw.

You need to be careful not to get it anywhere you don't want it because it will never come off. Wear old cloths, gloves and safety glasses - I tend to be pretty lax about safety glasses most times, but with expanding foam I always do. If it dries on your skin or anywhere else, all you can do is cut it off.

Plan what you are going to do before you start the can. You will have 15-20 minutes before the can clogs and is useless.

awsome thank you very much, this shall help deaden my panel then i hope... plus if i put dynamat on it too should be all good, what if i jsut cover the floor of my car with it, smooth it out and cover it will that be ok too or no??

awsome thank you very much, this shall help deaden my panel then i hope... plus if i put dynamat on it too should be all good, what if i jsut cover the floor of my car with it, smooth it out and cover it will that be ok too or no??

you'll never be able to smooth it out, you'll learn this when you do your trunk lid...

also buy your dynamat on ebay, much cheaper then futureshop.best buy etc...

also people here use a product called peel and seal, from the hardware store roofing dept, I haven't found this in homedepot, or rona yet...

also people here use a product called peel and seal, from the hardware store roofing dept, I haven't found this in homedepot, or rona yet...
You're lucky you haven't found it. Don't use Peel & Seal in a car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.