18" fi bl fully loaded hot

jstinbc
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so i was drivin to work last night and was listening to the power supply cd bass boom bottom and when i got to work i smelt something like burning so i turned my bass of touch my dust cap and it was hot!!! my work is a half hour drive from home and i have a sundown saz 1500d powering it. its wired to 2 ohm (dual 1 ohm) and now it gets hot when i listen to the power supply cd for only a few seconds

no not if youre clipping it

how high is the gain? i bet since its at 2 ohms you have it pretty high to get it as loud as you want.

yes it was maxed out then after your response took it down to about 1/2-3/4 sounds better and dosent get hot thanks but i still like how loud it was with that gain maxed out just not the way it got hot lol

yes it was maxed out then after your response took it down to about 1/2-3/4 sounds better and dosent get hot thanks but i still like how loud it was with that gain maxed out just not the way it got hot lol
try the amp at .5 ohm.

classic case of someone with great equipment and no idea how to use it.
thanks for calling my equipment great it makes me feel good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and you are right i dont really know how to use it thats why i spend countless hours of my days on this website lookin for ideas and stuff to save for. see i dont know what clipping is what bottoming out is or none of that crap. but i bet when you first started out in car audio you didnt know what any of those things meant. im trying to learn its my passion its my dream to one day have a true bass machine that will put up 150+ on a tl mic. idk why its just somethin about that bass you can fell rattle your insides, make your brain shake, and everything else about it i just love bass. but im always open to listening to new ideas from most of the people on this forum that aint stuck up a-holes who just make fun of you

Do NOT wire it to .5ohm.

You'll either kill the amp or you'll be wondering about a recone...which might be a good thing anyhow so you can run the amp properly at 1ohm with a Dual 2ohm recone kit...

Do NOT wire it to .5ohm.
You'll either kill the amp or you'll be wondering about a recone...which might be a good thing anyhow so you can run the amp properly at 1ohm with a Dual 2ohm recone kit...
yea same thing i was thinkin but i dont really wanna drop the do on a recone after only havin the sub for not evin a week

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.