Jerhemy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
WI
Was at my first competition this weekend in Winona MN at audio designs.

I ended up competing in bass boxing and ended up with a 137.3 average or something like that.

But I did this 138.8 sealed up, meter on the windshield.

IMAG0442.jpg

Is this a pretty respectable score with the equipment i have?

2 SA 15's

zx 2500

HO alt

Big 3

kinetik 2400

ported box, ~2.75cubes per sub, tuned to 33hz

I was definitely happy with the score either way.

You should be at doing at least 145s with that setup. Something is terribly wrong there.
haha wooorrdd? I do have very narrow ports goin on, probably going to be building a new box with some aero ports.

What else could be a big factor like that?

This was playing music, fyi.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Hey bro remember me? I had the skar Malibu, didnt know you were here.
haha yea man whats good? wasn't sure who you were as i'd never seen your thread before going to the show. Was nice to meet you, probably see ya at some other shows around the area too.

haha wooorrdd? I do have very narrow ports goin on, probably going to be building a new box with some aero ports.
What else could be a big factor like that?

This was playing music, fyi.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

haha yea man whats good? wasn't sure who you were as i'd never seen your thread before going to the show. Was nice to meet you, probably see ya at some other shows around the area too.
Heck yeah, hit me up if you want help with your system.

I'll say it this way. My daughter does a 143.9 with two 12"s and 545 clamped watts. In a trunk car.
nice, obviously there is some big thing(s) I am missing here. Box is obviously the first place to look. Will be designing a new one here in the next few days.

Was at my first competition this weekend in Winona MN at audio designs.
I ended up competing in bass boxing and ended up with a 137.3 average or something like that.

But I did this 138.8 sealed up, meter on the windshield.

IMAG0442.jpg

Is this a pretty respectable score with the equipment i have?

2 SA 15's

zx 2500

HO alt

Big 3

kinetik 2400

ported box, ~2.75cubes per sub, tuned to 33hz

I was definitely happy with the score either way.
honestly with your setup you have potential to be doin 150's or close to it. seems like you have good equip. just get your box built well

and you should be there. hell i had 2 power acoustik mofo 15s and a power acoustik stax 5500 and i was doin 145s with that cheap shiz. like i said IMO your setup has the potential

**** I wish I new about this!! I woulda been there! How do you find out about these events? Ive been looking all over
I was told by visualhype like a week before the show. I forgot to grab a schedule, but I know there is going to be another show at te same place in august, and couple in lacross too

honestly with your setup you have potential to be doin 150's or close to it. seems like you have good equip. just get your box built welland you should be there. hell i had 2 power acoustik mofo 15s and a power acoustik stax 5500 and i was doin 145s with that cheap shiz. like i said IMO your setup has the potential
I believe that it does too for sure. I know the box is built well, high quality, but the dimensions/design may be holding me back.

Any advice you guys can give me would be much appreciated!!

hmmm. I hit a 141.9 with 1 dc xl 15 on aq2200@2 in my bolt. Seems like there may be some serious issues. What'd ya have your volume on during the run 5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerhemy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jerhemy
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date