12" SPL Subwoofer?

mfifield
10+ year member

Texas
I'm new here, but I've been around car audio for years.

I'm currently looking for a decent 12" subwoofer for my boat. I keep going around in circles. Since it's an open air environment, I plan to use a ported box and SQ will be out the door. I'd like to get something that will run off my 300w RMS RF amp.

Here's what I've looked at:

JBL Power Series

JBL GTO series (possible two 10's, the GT series in the late 90s were awesome)

Image Dynamics ID series

I'd like to spend around $150+ range and will build my own box. I've seen some mention of RE audio in here. I've never heard of them and been into car audio for about 14 years. How do they compare? Thanks

I should have said the open air environment with water noise, engine noise, etc, will degrade any SQ. My main goal is to fill the low end spectrum, but I'm not too concerned with SQ.

I'm not opposed to getting another amp, but the alternator on the boat wouldn't handle 3 (51 amp alt.). I'd have to spend a lot of money to upgrade the alternator, new breaker, wiring, special marine built alternator, etc.

Basebalz13 - How much?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.