1 Obsidian 15 VS 2 type r 12s

I'd also suggest 2 OA 12's. (or 15s if you can fit them) No experience with R's but from what Ive read they get loud but dont sound all that great. Obsidians sound great and have the ability to get pretty loud too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Guess it all depends what you want from this set up.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section first post so yea.. also there is a limit in money i have and where im buying the type r's it is about the same as the obsidian 15, because i heard that when u buy obsidian u pay for shipping, but also I dont know if i have enough room for 2 oa 12's my box now is almost too big for my eclipse

Personally I'd get the OA 15. Its a great woofer for the price. Sounds great and gets pretty loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Also you will only need 600-800 watts for the OA where as I've heard type Rs need a lot of power to really get loud.

Both obsidians and type r's are underrated though the obsidian will hold up a lot better from abuse just because it's built better and uses quality soft parts. I would personally go with the obsidian, it's a great sub and if you like lows then you will really love it, plus they look sexy imo

I run 1000 watts on my type R, sounds fine, as everyone says about running more power than the RMS just keep the gain down, though mines up fairly higher than it should be, hasn't failed me yet.

@Rumple, in the future if I get more money and I get either RE Audio or Skar, I'll hit you up with my DVC4ohm Type R.

I run 1000 watts on my type R, sounds fine, as everyone says about running more power than the RMS just keep the gain down, though mines up fairly higher than it should be, hasn't failed me yet.
@Rumple, in the future if I get more money and I get either RE Audio or Skar, I'll hit you up with my DVC4ohm Type R.

As long as its the model SWR-1243D id be quite happy lol. Hoping to get it soon though. Has to be the exact model however.....

Yeah thats what I got, its the 12" DVC 4ohm Type R.

Pm how much you were thinking, I might part with it sooner, its only been pushed 1k RMS @2ohms for about 2-3 months, fairly new.

is it the model with the vented motor?

like this one?

1960.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.