07 CTS- Grounding

Participant count
  • Participant list

8Basshead9

Sorry in Advance.

I am working my build on a Cadillac CTS (Base) Running a JVC 7' Double Din two Pioneer 3003s DVC 4 ohms in a sealed box.

Previous Amp is a JBLClub 5501 1500 This Amp at least pushed my Subs but obviously not enough Juice for the two, so I upgraded. This Amp works and connects no issue whatsoever again just not enough juice.

The new Amp which wont power on at all is a pioneer d9601 this is the second because I thought the original was a dud. The gauge of wire is 4 if that helps and all wiring has been confirmed to work based off the fact I can switch back to the JBL and have no issues. Should I attempt ot ground the Amp Directly to the battery or am I missing something here.

I am trying to avoid forking out $100.00 to a local Shop or worst case BB

help is appreciated.

Alright I see a few issues with that ground. 1st that bottom wire has exposed strands and see no cover/heat shrink tube over it exactly like your Kicker wire has. Thus will prevent arc's or sudden shorts if it gets exposed to metals, elements in the air, water, moisture, etc. The other issue is that looks like it's on primered paint. Bare metal to bare metal is what you want to achieve.

DijMr5c.jpg
Here is a pic of my s10 amp's grounding point. Noticed I sanded/grinded the entire area not just a few scratches for the wire. I used a bolt/nut combo.

Can't say for sure but worth a try. Some amps are finicky if a ground isn't good, amp won't turn on or even function properly.

I would check and make sure your amp turn on isn’t flaky, try taking a piece wire and jumping your + lead with the remote turn on terminal of the amp and see if it fires up (remove the remote wire from the head unit before “jumping” the power).

Edit to add-

I just saw you pictures of the ground and I don’t like it at all, you don’t want a small ancillary body panel that doesn’t have enough surface are connection to the man body. I would relocate it an area were it’s on a more primary structure.

I hear what your saying im just confused on how one Amp works perfectly fine and the second is like oblivious to life. A quick update i sanded and grounded a new area same situation JBL works fine Pioneer does not.

Have you tried testing the remote turn on like I described in my earlier post?
Thats actually the issue,

After doing the test of connecting a short wire from Posiive to remote wire it powered on no issues.

Tommorow morning ill re wire the remote amp and i should be good. I appreciate all the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.