02 wrx turbo issue

southpoleman69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
lancaster,pa
My friend just picked up a 02 wrx, all stock. had 117000 on it. sunday he had to get the cv boot fixed. his turbo doesnt spool, at all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif so he went to subaru and they said it doesnt spool because he doesnt have the master key, only the valet key. then he went to his uncle who is a mechanic who said his turbos fine, that it spools. imo, the uncles an idiot, it doesnt spool at all. another friend of mine claims its not even the turbo, just the housing. anybody got any ideas on why his car is doin this other than its from jersey?

too many possibilities to say. if the dealership says it's the key than I'd go with that. I do know that some companies do have a valet key that shuts off certain things and engauges a very low speed limiter.

ok to answer some of the ?'s.

Ive been under the hood and had him get on it, no spooling, no blow off. Ive been in his car, doesnt even pull. ive been in stock wrxs before to be able to compare them

Next, my friends 01 protege, with a intake beat this kid in a race, thatd shouldnt happen, at all.

I told him the same thing, because he went to subaru, and the first thing they asked to was c his key, and siad ur turbo doesnt spool because you dont have the valet key. Im telling him go with that, i think subaru would know more about the car, than a mechanic, just my thoughts. He is insisting it cant be that, but it makes sense since his **** key doesnt open the trunk.

"makes sense because it doesn't open the trunk":rolleyes:

the reason it does not open the trunk is because of the cut.

does the key have a chip? if it does not, then most likely it is something else.

how about those pics and vids?

ok to answer some of the ?'s.
Ive been under the hood and had him get on it, no spooling, no blow off. Ive been in his car, doesnt even pull. ive been in stock wrxs before to be able to compare them

Next, my friends 01 protege, with a intake beat this kid in a race, thatd shouldnt happen, at all.

I told him the same thing, because he went to subaru, and the first thing they asked to was c his key, and siad ur turbo doesnt spool because you dont have the valet key. Im telling him go with that, i think subaru would know more about the car, than a mechanic, just my thoughts. He is insisting it cant be that, but it makes sense since his **** key doesnt open the trunk.
Yeah it the key... If it doesnt open the trunk then its the valet key

thats what i mean about it makes sense because it wont open the trunk. i was always under the impression valet key makes car run the way it should, and opens trunk and doors.

the key hes using doesnt do that.

Ill get pics and vids when he gets off work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.