02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night)

Was wondering if you got those copper and aluminum bars yet. Pics proved you did. No text so you were prob busy. Looks great. Looks good. Thanks for the opportunity to make those for ya. Took longer than expected but I think in the long run they'll work just fine.

Alright minor updates I hit a big patch of meh so I don't have a ton to share.

First off I got the aluminum threaded rod cut and aluminum nuts installed for box terminals, it's going to be a tight fit with a sub mounting close by. Also notice the reflection in the urethane if you'd like:

Alright on to a project that I have no idea what I'm doing some A-Pillars. My girlfriend bought me some McLaren tweeters and a fire extinguisher for our 2 year anniversary so I bought another set for the other side. Anyhow first off I made these rings, took a few failed attempts to succeed:

Attached them to the pillars I know it looks like they're aiming down a little but the second piece holding them on wasn't in yet:

Another picture just because, I bought some bondo resin just to try out with these. I didn't want to order a bunch of stuff from US composites and waste it so I'm starting small I need to pick up some ponte to stretch over these so I can start on the actual glassing:

I also made a couple of trim/beauty panels to cover up the ugly look of stacked 2x4's and foam. They aren't attached and need another coat of urethane but you get the idea. Also on a side not the factory amp that you can see in the second picture was left on the roof in the rain all week (someone forgot it up there) plugged it in and it still works lol:

Finished my amp rack or whatever you want to call it, it's just propped in place for this picture as the battery holder has to go in place first and the poly is drying on it as well:

Also I let my girlfriend paint the front and all the foam/2x4's I have a surprise for the front but it isn't time to do it yet as I have a ways to go I really don't mind the flat black though:

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend at slamology I was pretty jealous watching some snapchats and Facebook live feeds. Anyhow a few small updates nothing big, I hope to make a show this month.

So I got my pillar pods done for starters really happy with how they turned out:

Mounted my fuse holders and RCA distribution box:

Also mounted my fire extinguisher. Not sure that I'll keep it there or not definitely no room for it in the back:

Made a small panel to mount my relays and small wire bus bars on:

Lastly got all the subs mounted by myself hopefully I can wire them tomorrow night:

Well it isn't finished yet but you guys get the idea. Needs a coat of paint (it's snowing so the paint won't happen anytime soon) and the wire to solder everything together. It will be for 4 monos and 4 4 channels. I probably won't have that many amps but the project box was so big I felt obligated to use a lot of the RCA's. Project cost $60 (including the wire), for another $10 I could make an identical one.

Where did you get the parts to build this box?

Where did you get the parts to build this box?
I ordered everything from amazon. I have an extra one put together in my closet just haven't had time to do all the soldering I was planning to sell it.

that's going to be really really quiet
I wouldn't be surprised.

what happened with those neo motors?
They're sitting in my closet from now until who knows when.

Well sticking with it, not really getting in a lot of time but it's ok. Got all the subs wired up wasn't too bad wish the DSS had some bigger push terminals though. I also made some fiberglass trim panels for the amp rack that also hold my fans. They aren't perfectly symmetrical as the passenger side one gave me some fits and I had some problems but it will be ok.

I think it looks pretty clean but I'm sure it could be more perfect if the time was taken to make it that way.

On to the fiberglass stuff.

Oh also I bought a pneumatic stapler a couple days ago. I got sick of the handheld one not wanting to drive staples into wood all the way or through factory plastic. It should come in handy when I go to do my doors.

Still lookin' great, Hey Nick, is this your 1st build?
First as in like first ever? I had some builds in my grand prix but this build has a lot of firsts for me. For instance first time building a wall, first time making anything with fiberglass, first time using more than one alternator, first time using more than two amps, first time using more than two subs, I think thats it.

After I had a semi drunken epiphany last night*I spent most of my morning trying to figure out how I'm going to run this dual alt setup. What I came up with I think is a really solid concept. I had to order a slightly larger belt (hopefully the right length)*and a smaller idler pulley so I'm not going to post any pictures today. The AC compressor will be staying in place but my serpentine belt will bypass it so it won't be functional. I don't need AC it probably doesn't work anyways, plus it would have been a royal pain to remove all of that crap. Stay tuned I think it will be awesome and people will like it.

Well I don't know what to do with all my build logs now. As you can see photobucket has decided to be a bunch of ******** and try and squeeze me for some money. For my pictures to show up they want $400 annually and that's not happening, I don't like just sharing the links because then you have to go back and forth plus it's not like I want to go back and edit every post I've made with pictures in it. So I'm kind of at a loss sad day.

Well I don't know what to do with all my build logs now. As you can see photobucket has decided to be a bunch of ******** and try and squeeze me for some money. For my pictures to show up they want $400 annually and that's not happening, I don't like just sharing the links because then you have to go back and forth plus it's not like I want to go back and edit every post I've made with pictures in it. So I'm kind of at a loss sad day.
I feel the same way.

I'm just planning to use imgbb from now on:

https://alex-ulbrich.imgbb.com/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.