The Saturn: Can't stop there. (Dual 18's upgrade)

Already posted in this thread but dam, looking at this makes me want to rip everything out of my jeep and change it up a bit. Like the effort that u put into this as far as doing things as they should be done, such as deadener, electrical, and of course a nicely designed box. Looking foward to finished results and some TL #'s.
Thanks man, only the best for my baby //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this has gotta be the heaviest saturn ever.
what kinda mpg you get in that thing lol
Haha, maybe...but I just did my mpg math last fill-up and I got 28.4 mpg //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:cool:...but that's with nothing drawing on the alt's though...that may change mpg a pretty fair amount, we'll see after everythings in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A little done today..

Toar out the excess foam-monster that was pouring out..

DSCN3129.jpg

45 degree insert for the corner..

DSCN3130.jpg

Sealed up..

DSCN3132.jpg

I decided the rear batteries didnt look mean enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif..so I added some ground runs on the busbar to make future battery/amp upgrades a breeze (so that I dont have to try and get runs on the negative busbar which will have the port hovering over it...it'd be kinda cramped)

DSCN3133.jpg

DSCN3134.jpg

DSCN3135.jpg

Some port pieces cut and layed out..

DSCN3136.jpg

No pics after that because I basically sat down and started seeing what kind of port length I'll be getting with this and I may have to shorten the port a bit because im pretty sure it'll be tuned even lower than I wanted *gasp* with it like this...tomorrow I should be able to get the port dimensions settled and underway on construction..

More as it happens

nice nice, yah lets see how much it drops after puttin a heavy load on them dualies ;d or you got one isolated for only the audio load?
Nope, nothing is isolated...both alt's are hooked upto the front battery then connected to the back with the 4 runs of power and 4 runs of ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what i saw at my HD and even with my wall is that it isnt voidless, but if you give it a once over you can tell if its any good or not.

ive also used sandeply, and that is just as stiff as the birch was.

i thought all baltic birch was 5x5 & 7 ply, but im not sure now....

HD doesnt sell that stuff, but its heavy anyway.

if u need help w the tuning, dont hesitate to pm me

-Robin

^Thanks for clearing that up..didnt pay too much attention to what exactly it was.

And Ive got the tuning taken care of...I calculate tuning/enclosure specs in my sleep //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.