Thumping Sound When Turned On/Off

Participant count
  • Participant list

rzj90059
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok I have no idea how to remove it, whenever I turn on my car on or off with the stereo on it makes a loud thump. But if I turn off my stereo before i turn on/off the car, theres no thump.

One more thing, i just added a second battery in my trunk, and its hookep up to the front batt with a 1/0 run and ground to the chassis, Im a lil concern if its safe without a fuse between the batts. Its my first time doing this so any expert's input is appreciated. I also have my stock alt installed. Will any of my electrical components be harmed.

I am trying to accomplish to keep my voltage at 14.4 stable so i can put out 1950rms, because if not at 13.8 it will be 1300rms. Will these two batts keep it stable???

I have some auto zone batt in the front (not actual auto zone batt, just bought it there) and a red top in the back.

All your guys' inputs is appreciated.

-Roger

I Have a Pioneer Premier DEH-P90IB

big_dehp490ib.jpg

bat's dont really keep stable above 12.8v, u can only accomplish a stable 14.4 with an alt that puts out 14.4, BUT at the same time still provides enough power for the current draw from ur amp + all ur regular car electrionics. So in other words, it wont be possible for any stock amp to put out that kinda current for an amp that puts out 1900rms

In other words u need an alt that puts out at least 135 amps+ w/e ur regular electrionics take up and keep ur engine idle that the point that it puts out that power to keep a constant 14.4 for ur amps.

main point is u need an alternator that can put out enough current for the amps + all ur stock electrical components to be able to keep a steady 14.4v. Also thats saying if u keep ur RPMs at the point where the alt puts out that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.