UPDATE

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
Finally got the box built (the top is off so I can load the subwoofers in and do the wiring bc my car is at the mechanic shop) Thank you to everyone who helped me with getting the right material to be able to bulid it. It's 33" wide 17.25" tall and 21.5" depth at 3.95 cubic feet air space. The wood on the front got a little messed up from the screw.

Attachments

• 20240519_201344.jpg
    20240519_201344.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240519_201349.jpg
    20240519_201349.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Finally got the box built (the top is off so I can load the subwoofers in and do the wiring bc my car is at the mechanic shop) Thank you to everyone who helped me with getting the right material to be able to bulid it. It's 33" wide 17.25" tall and 21.5" depth at 3.95 cubic feet air space. The wood on the front got a little messed up from the screw.
Nice! turned out great. Those are well designed/built boxes, should sound great!

Looks great man!! Its a little work, but well worth the money and time spent for these GP Enclosures. I think you will be very happy with it. It should last you a very long time. I would highly recommend that you get a tube of silicone/Caulking and fill everyone of the cracks inside and outside the enclosure and all the other splits, so that that enclosure is air Tight/Sealed up. That way you will not have any issues with performance loss/air lose with exception of the tuning port.

Looks great man!! Its a little work, but well worth the money and time spent for these GP Enclosures. I think you will be very happy with it. It should last you a very long time. I would highly recommend that you get a tube of silicone/Caulking and fill everyone of the cracks inside and outside the enclosure and all the other splits, so that that enclosure is air Tight/Sealed up. That way you will not have any issues with performance loss/air lose with exception of the tuning port.
I put wood glue all around the edges inside the box? Should I put slicone to?

I put wood glue all around the edges inside the box? Should I put slicone to?
As long as you sealed the inside and outside of the enclosures cracks and crevices. It will be solid and should never leak or try to push apart/flex due to sub air pressure. Silicone is cheap, and ax extra measure to utilize to make certain that that enclosure stays sealed done correctly

Thank you!! Thanks to you and audio I used 2 12 guage wires to drop ot down to 9 and then also used slicone!!! I get my car back tomorrow once this thing is alive I'll post pics and vids
Looking forward to that for sure man!!! Sweet. Nice work thus far. do you have help to get that enclosure and subs in? It may help. Its going be pretty heavy when subs go in. Take your time. Ive seen people rush and damage the enclosure as well as subs. Just take your time. You are almost back to some Bass man. You may have drop subs in after enclosure goes in. be sure center up on the outlets so no air leaks bye.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...