Inconsistent bass levels

Participant count
  • Participant list

highrollerii

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed a skar LOC with an SPL audio amp and 2 skar 8s. I have the LOC wired correctly but I was told by someone that I could wire one side of the stock DVC sub to the input of the LOC and just jump the left and right signal wires. Some parts of the bass are loud and others quiet. Do I need an actual L and R signal from the speakers? And does it matter if it’s before or after the amp as it is a factory amplified system?

Do I need an actual L and R signal from the speakers? And does it matter if it’s before or after the amp as it is a factory amplified system?
L & R signal guarantees you will not miss any program material in stereo recordings, which is the norm nowadays. It is also Double the Voltage as compared to using only one side.
Passive LOCs work best with amplified signals, exempli gratia after the amp or radio speaker outputs.
Since you mentioned OEM amplifier; your radio outputs may have the feature that reduces bass output as the volume rises. This is to protect cheap OEM speakers from damage. In this case you will need an active LOC with a bass restore feature. I have Heard Of epicenters that I assume are specific for bass restoration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...