What subs/amp/complete setup do you recommend for my Jeep Liberty 2004?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aliboulala

I am looking to install a complete new system in my 2004 Jeep Liberty. I don't really know anything about car audio so would like some feedback and recommendations from someone with more experience in the topic. What all do I need or should look for?

Would 2 12's be too much of should I go with 2 10's, or a single sub?

What size amp should I look for also?

What door speakers should I look into?

Thanks for any feedback and recommendations!

I am looking to install a complete new system in my 2004 Jeep Liberty. I don't really know anything about car audio so would like some feedback and recommendations from someone with more experience in the topic. What all do I need or should look for?
Would 2 12's be too much of should I go with 2 10's, or a single sub?

What size amp should I look for also?

What door speakers should I look into?

Thanks for any feedback and recommendations!
I have a 07 jeep liberty, my setup is in my sig and it sounds great. Before this setup I had two 10" Alpine type E's in a sealed box powered by an Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Sounded great IMO, but I upgraded to the two 12s about a week ago and I couldn't be happier

It depends, on how much you want to spend and how loud or deep you want the sound, if you want loud go with 2 subs, if room is an issue just go with 1 sub, some 10's sound better than some 12's. A Sealed box gives you more room since it will be smaller, a ported box needs to be bigger but it will sound better. If you do not want to build a box or buy one made and load it with the sub of your choice, you can get a loaded box from domestic manufacturers like Polk and Infinity.

also take your electrical in effect here with the new system.anything over 1500 watts rms you may need to upgrade the alt.i can help you with a new system.just need a budget to work with and need to know your wants and desires from the system

Depends on space in the Liberty... If it's anything like my Jeep you could fit 4 12's, 3 15's and 2 18's so it depends how loud you want to be your budget and your max space.

The more expensive the sub, the more expensive the amp is going to have to be to drive it since in most cases a more expensive sub will handle more power and that power needs to be met in most cases to get the most from the sub.

You need to know how much your budget is to have a system that can be a good match not only on power but also on impedance. Usually systems with over 1000 watts rms need a deep cycle battery and probably a big 3 upgrade, gauge 2-0 wiring, If you stay under that power gauge 4 for each amp if 2 amps are used (one for highs and mids door speakers speakers and one for the sub) or 0 gauge and block distribution, maybe 4 or maybe 8 gauge depending on the amps, just make sure you get a class D amp since those are more efficient with power and will not make your battery die like some older class AB amps. The more expensive the sub and speakers the more you need to spend on amps and wiring. Knowing your budget is the key to select a good system. If you never had a system before, maybe a 5 channel set up will be a good start and a sub for under $120.00 that is efficient, it also depends on the type of music you listen. You need to provide way more info for guys to help you out better here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.