Fiberglassing MDF

you're saying that this could never happen? it seems feasible to me.

untitled6vx.jpg

IF your picture is showing the wood breaking first it's possible. But resin by itself is very brittle. Resin would break before the mdf. However if mat and or cloth was involved the mdf would probably go first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IF your picture is showing the wood breaking first it's possible. But resin by itself is very brittle. Resin would break before the mdf. However if mat and or cloth was involved the mdf would probably go first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Exactly my point. I'm askeered that i'll have problems with this paper-like wood we call MDF.

Exactly my point. I'm askeered that i'll have problems with this paper-like wood we call MDF.

all depends on what that part is being used for. if its the pressure inside the box that youre worried about, the glass will go before the mdf, and if the glass is that brittle, then you have bigger fish to fry than the seperation of MDF.

if its just a cosmetic foot or an amp rack brace or something, you wont need to be able to jump on it.

brian, if you are that scurred - drill a few small holes in the MDF - and glass a good 10" in on each piece of MDF.

the resin will seep into the little holes, and you will have a nice 20in^2 or more of surface contact.

make sure you glass EACH SIDE of the thing.

wont be going anywhere... ever. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.