i finished my center concole (pics)

Insomniac119
10+ year member

i can't sleep
That's right fellas, my center console is all finished. Actually, I finished it like a week ago, but I've been busy with work and school and stuff. It came out good, I think.

Here it is before the I started painting, all sanded and smooth.

cc01.jpg

Heres the first layer, it's a textured paint that I used to get a kinda ruff surface.

cc02.jpg

cc03.jpg

And now here it is after the color layer.

cc04.jpg

cc05.jpg

The ultimate test, success!

cc06.jpg

And here it is in my car.

cc07.jpg

cc08.jpg

So what does every body think? I kinda think it looks like a big chunk of baby poop. I'm thinking about giving it a darker shade of brown, but only on top. Kinda like a two tone thing.

Tell me what you think.

lol the beer can in the passenger side, good call //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but look good, dunno y u still ahve the tapedeck in there, gonna sell the car or sumptin as all orig?

my HU could not fit in the space were the originial is withough hacking up the dash, it's too old i guess. So i left it it there. Plus, it'll still be able to play though the stock speakers (which i'll leave in there too). That way I can play the stock radio, then the stereo and derectly compair which one is better, and by better i mean waaaaayyyyyy better.

and the textured paint is callled textured millstone and it's by decorative effects.

very nice job. If i were u I would make it lighter rather than darker. Or actually it depends I gess. If u make it darker it will match the regular console. If u make it lighter it will match the carpet. maybe darker would be better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.