What the H3LL

domingowags
10+ year member

Mephis Member
So, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what i should do to my system. I was having no problems out of it for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden one day i got into my car and flipped the switch and boom, boom, boom, boom, for some unknown reason the bass was not hitting to the music. Now since then, I tryed changing the subs, tryed three different amps, tryed three different head units, and rewired the entire setup. Anyone have any ideas at all.......I'm open to try anything to get it to work. PLEASE!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

that sounds like a serious problem...

you tried all different equipment, and rewired the entire thing?

no advice mate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

So, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what i should do to my system. I was having no problems out of it for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden one day i got into my car and flipped the switch and boom, boom, boom, boom, for some unknown reason the bass was not hitting to the music. Now since then, I tryed changing the subs, tryed three different amps, tryed three different head units, and rewired the entire setup. Anyone have any ideas at all.......I'm open to try anything to get it to work. PLEASE!!!
sounds like your screwed!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
that sounds like a serious problem...

you tried all different equipment, and rewired the entire thing?

no advice mate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
x2

Yeah thats what I'm thinking

But I tryed putting my amp and subs in my buddies car and it worked great

But even when I tryed to put it in my car with his HU is was still f*c*ed

If I had to guess, Id say it was an electrical issue, especially if all the equipment works fine in your friends car. Might want to have a shop look at it, see what they can come up with.

just make a list and go right down the order it could be. if its not the problem x it off the list and keep looking at the costants such as the car. see if your ground is still good (test with dmm grounded to your ground, power at the battery and power back by ur amps should be within .1 of a volt or so. if its more than .5 volts get a better ground)

THe grounding points of your alternator, your battery chassis grounds, RCA cables intact... That's what I would check. Def sounds like an alterantor/grounding issue or someting with teh RCAs.

Ok I've tryed everything that deals with the acuall system and now I need to check what on my car? and how do I check what?
this is where it pays off in the long run to ahev a pro shop look at it. Kinda like a car, when you have a miss, if you start replacing things, you could spend a couple hundred easy on parts that didn't need to be replaced...but may be better ahead, to ahve a shop check everything for you.

Did you try a different sub with the same headunit/amp combo? Change one thing at a time. If the symptom doesnt change, then what you just swapped out wasnt the problem. Replace the original item and go from item to item one at a time until the symptom goes away. When it goes away, this is your problem source //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Will

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

domingowags

10+ year member
Mephis Member
domingowags
Sidney, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date