perfects drowned out by idMAX

noob with an RS
10+ year member

i poop on you
earth
hey my perfects seem to not be able to keep up with my 12" idMAX. i have to set the sub level at +3 on my alpine to match the subs to the components. i really want my comps to get louder so that i can actually have the subs be playing louder (at a higher sub level) without any midrange-high frequencies being drowned out. i currently have the infinity perfect components powered by a hifonics nx600 which is rated to put out 150 watts at 4 ohms.. i set the gain on it using a DMM to do so. the components are in MDF rings. i cant think of anything else to increase the output of the components unless a new amp is needed? or are there better component sets that can go SIGNIFICANTLY louder than the perfects? what do u guys think i can do to get more output from the components? do i just need to upgrade them or should infinity perfects be keeping up with the idMAX?

i had some perfects and those components were loud as hell-ditch the hifonics amp!!! how do you have your tweet attenation set on the crossovers?

lol now you know why they call them super subs eh? go with a horn component set so you dont keep having to change stuff or buy other stuff in the long run it probably will satisfy your wallet to performance ratio

my tweeter attenuation level is set at -4 db. i use to have it at 0 db when i didnt have the sub but it sounded nasty when i put the sub in so i put it at -4 and it seems to sound better. what did u have you r tweeter level at heretic?

Is it midbass,midrange, or the high end you are lacking? A good set of horns will allow your midrange and highs to keep up with your sub, easy. You will need an EQ to make it sound good though. If midbass is your problem, try adjusting your center frequency on the HU, also you could deaden your doors if you haven't done that yet. You can always turn your gains up, just be careful only turn it up a little bit and see if that helps.

I would try raising the tweet att to 0 or if there is anything in between. There is no way that amp isnt capable of putting out at least 100 watts which would be plenty. The DMM isn't the end all be all of gain settings, its simply a strong suggestion.

Is it midbass,midrange, or the high end you are lacking? A good set of horns will allow your midrange and highs to keep up with your sub, easy. You will need an EQ to make it sound good though. If midbass is your problem, try adjusting your center frequency on the HU, also you could deaden your doors if you haven't done that yet. You can always turn your gains up, just be careful only turn it up a little bit and see if that helps.
i'm not lacking any frequencies really. with my sub level set to +3 on my alpine the frequency response curve sounds flat and my subs are matched to the components. but if i turn the sub level up it drowns out the comps.. i wanna go louder with the comps. i havent sound deadened my car yet.. how much improvement will that do??

I would try raising the tweet att to 0 or if there is anything in between. There is no way that amp isnt capable of putting out at least 100 watts which would be plenty. The DMM isn't the end all be all of gain settings, its simply a strong suggestion.
i dont think raising the attenuation level on the crossover network will make it better. thats what i had it at before.. it made midbass "lack" more since the sub level could be raised slightly more to match the tweets.. basically the frequency response curve doesnt sound flat if i raise it from -4 db to zero. i set the gain using a DMM to put out 150 watts at volume 25 on my alpine.. the thing is my components are rated 100 watts RMS so i'm more than likely giving it enough power aren't i?

i would question the amp but i guess that's not the issue...where's your tweeter placed at inside your car?
my tweeters are in factory locations of my car which is on the top corner of the door panel.. i wish i could install them in sails but due to me having an integra, i would have to custom fiberglass it in order to do so, due to cleanrance issues.

deadening your doors will make some differance, but perhaps not enough to accomplish what you are wanting. Raise your gain a lil and it is always a healthy idea to try out a differant amp. All else fails, sell em to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the crossover is set on the components properly. almost as low as they can go without distorting.. around 75. the gain is set to deliver 150 watts at volume 25 of my alpine 7995 when playing a 1000 hz test tone. the comps are rated 100 watts RMS

my tweeter attenuation level is set at -4 db. i use to have it at 0 db when i didnt have the sub but it sounded nasty when i put the sub in so i put it at -4 and it seems to sound better. what did u have you r tweeter level at heretic?
when i first installed the perfects i had the tweets set at 0-the highs were way to high and very harsh. so i moved the ettenuation to -4 made a huge difference. those perfects actually have decent midbass- big problem with the perfects is the tweets-got to tone those tweets down with an eq

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.