bigger sealed box= lower pwer

Participant count
  • Participant list

jacko
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Lets say i have a 350 wrms sub that is recommended for 1.25cu ft sealed. Lets say I have a 250 wrms amp for it, will putting the sub into a 1.5cu ft box make the sub act as if it had a bigger amp pushing it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I have mused doing that, but I like keeping my jalopies looking OEM. Now if I knew how to fiberglass like NSTALN, I would have done it long ago.
Back in the day there was some that went directly into the dash and then came out when powered on. Some of those were bigger then the size you are...
Damn.. thank you man... I wasn't expecting you to do all the work for me but I'll definitely take it lol. Thank you so much and also thank you...
I sincerely appreciate the advice. I've made some changes to the design of my box and it's coming out to +8.99% larger than spec. I'll still be...
What he said... Any damping of over 80 is fine, 200 is really good, so 1000 is like my 80lb home audio amp! Unless you are using certified Hi-res...

About this thread

jacko

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jacko
rogers, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date