What is wrong with the forum tonight?

Participant count
  • Participants list

adamawayfrommpa
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been looking for questions that I can help with and didn't find any...I watched the screen (while doing other things) and noone has said a dang thing in a long time....What is everybody doing? I see that many people are in the forum but the talk is minimal...

Adam Chandler

Well while being logged in all day (I am on vacation this week) I have been working on a new sub box for 2 new 12's I have recently purchased. But after cutting everything out and putting part of it together I noticed I had made A couple of miscalculations on the deminsions. And for a ported box that is not good. so most all day was a waste of time and a waste of wood. I Have decided to just start all over..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

So are you talk'n about your 2 Vegas or did you get new ones? I'm on vacation too since I'm student but I've been working every day of the summer break except for a week in Orlando Florida 2 weeks age...sad really

Adam Chandler

The 2 vegas, I hvent got to here them yet and I have had them for about 2 weeks, just been 2 busy to build the box. They are replaceing 2 polk audio DX 10's, I am going to build an isobaric home audio box for those bcuase I think they would be an excelant home theater sub

I didnt care for my 10's but I think It was the box, It had enough air space but was to shallow. They have good sq but just didnt hit very hard at all

You'll love the Vega's. I have a single in my car and it pounds with about 300 watts. If you need help with some dimensions for the box, I'd be glad to help.

what size box , port , and how much wattage are you giving it?

and also is there any special characteristics of this sub? Just wondering

Originally posted by phoneman what size box , port , and how much wattage are you giving it?

and also is there any special characteristics of this sub? Just wondering
2.2 cubic feet after displacements tuned to 33 hz. 2 3" round ports 10" or so deep. Giving it 300 watts now and that seems to push it pretty good. I suggest not to go with the round ports like me and go with a slot port instead, because I do have a little port noise with the rounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.