HU has no rca preouts?!?!

musak99
10+ year member

OMG! I was soooooo planning to buy a system this week but I did a little research on HU's and I don't think mine has any RCA preouts. Apparenly they're needed to run a amp+sub; ****ed it if it don't. It's a JVC KD-SX990. I downloaded a manual and did a quick google search and found some specs but was unable to find anything about RCA preouts! The manual did go into some detail about installing an amp, it says "connect the remote lead (blue and white stripes) to the remote lead of the other equipment to be controlled by the head unit" then " connect this unit's line out terminals to the amplifiers line in terminals". Is the line out that the manual is referring to the RCA preouts or does my HU does have any and I'm SOL.

Thanks.

in your case, I think the line out that the manual was referring to is in fact the RCA output that you're so looking for. Congratulations, go ahead and buy away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

line out converters are the size of modern mobile phones, if not smaller.

They are relatively inexpensive.

A line out converter converts speaker output (hi level) to RCA's (low level).

THis means so long as your hu has a speaker out, you can use the converter.

But yeah, somehow I don't think i'd like to use it on my install.

i used a line out convertor, it was very clear and took all the lows it needed. very easy to install, I just zip tied the wires to the rea speakers, couldn't be any easier. But it's a hassle to set the Low's on it.

And if not i know of a few amps that can run of speaker level inputs. So you could just take the signal from the speaker wires of the head unit.
it'd probably be easier just to tap off the rear speakers if your amp is going in the trunk. ground the middle wire (probably could daisy chain it to the amps ground input), and tap away.

I used a line out converter on my dads car for his sub amp cuz i was being lazy and didnt wanna go to the sotre and get some rcas and the bass just wasnt the same at lower volumes you could tell there was a sub but when ever i turned it up the bass volume seemed to stay the same. I finally stopped being lazy and got a pair of rcas and now tis fine so now that i think about if the HU has no preouts spend the 100-150 on a better HU

OMG! I was soooooo planning to buy a system this week but I did a little research on HU's and I don't think mine has any RCA preouts. Apparenly they're needed to run a amp+sub; ****ed it if it don't. It's a JVC KD-SX990. I downloaded a manual and did a quick google search and found some specs but was unable to find anything about RCA preouts! The manual did go into some detail about installing an amp, it says "connect the remote lead (blue and white stripes) to the remote lead of the other equipment to be controlled by the head unit" then " connect this unit's line out terminals to the amplifiers line in terminals". Is the line out that the manual is referring to the RCA preouts or does my HU does have any and I'm SOL.
Thanks.
Line Out terminals ARE RCA's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.