XM satellite radio opinions wanted

I am considering getting XM and wanted to know what you guys thought about the reception and anything else that would help me make my decision. TIA.

the xm reception is really good. i have never lost reception and i live in a rural area. the regular radio ***** here and i get tired of listening to the same cd's so the xm is pretty nice. all commercial free music, and has sports which is one of my favorites. there are a lot of channels i never listen too, but you can only listen to 1 channel at a time and if you find 3-4 good channels then you are pretty set. also i like the plug and play one better then the direct one for my headunit. with the plug and play i can take it in my house and listen to it.

XM in my opinion is not bad i do like their hardware for the plug and plays and the myfi alot more than sirius' hardware but i like the programming for sirius alot better. alot of the guys i work with kind of have the same views. id go with a plug and play myself but direct wire it if u have a aux input i wouldnt use the fm mod. thats only my opinion.

I'm shopping for sattelite radio now too....noticed that XM has a dedicated Punk/Ska channel, Sirius does not

I also really like the regge channel on XM, but Sirius may have one of those

After having both, I prefer XM. The comedy channel is a big plus for me. I also like Squizz (channel 48). I am a fan of rock music, and XM has several good channels. (Squizz, Liquid Metal, Ethel, Deep Tracks, Boneyard, etc..)

I have a My-Fi, got it for free and am still a little dissapointed. But that's only because I'm very picky about my music and there's only like 2 rap/hiphop stations I actually listen to. Still haven't used it outside much on it's own, to see how the reception is though. I'm thinking of getting Sirius in the near future. Most people who listen to any type of music other than rap/hiphop haven't had any problems with XM.

I would reccomend xm highly. I made the mistake of purchasing the sirius for alpine tuner, and am regreting it. Alpine at least in my experience (the old alpine tuner) sounds awesome. I don't know how these newer xm tuners sound. They have now made them much smaller. I wouldn't be able to tell you, the only advice i can give you is to go to your local store, and listen to the alpine setup that they have on display. I can though tell you do not get sirius...the programming is good, but the music just doesn't sound good, hope this helps,

I would reccomend xm highly. I made the mistake of purchasing the sirius for alpine tuner, and am regreting it. Alpine at least in my experience (the old alpine tuner) sounds awesome. I don't know how these newer xm tuners sound. They have now made them much smaller. I wouldn't be able to tell you, the only advice i can give you is to go to your local store, and listen to the alpine setup that they have on display. I can though tell you do not get sirius...the programming is good, but the music just doesn't sound good, hope this helps,

i got my sirius tuner and it sounds great. Sometimes its not always "cd quality" but its **** near. I love it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kaos

10+ year member
Kaos
Coastal N.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from