Dls And Cdt

Well yea I have talked to him I just wanted to see what other peoples experience is with these sets. I know he told me CDTs have more midbass and sq but at high levels of watts like 150. Where the dls only needs 100 or lower to have the equivalent midbass and im not too sure on the sq of the dls's

I'm in the same boat as you. thinking about the cdt es620 and the dls ur6. i called cdt about the cdt's and they told me that the es620's come with the es100 tweeters. just found out that some dealers are buying a special package which consist of the es mid, 560 crossover and the tw25s tweeters. this means that the tweeters are the regular silk tweeters not the tweeters that comes with the set, hince the lower price. they also told me that the es100 tweeter is much better than the tw25s, not to say that the tw25s is a bad tweeter because i have it in my car. a guy on another site told me that the ur6's have cleaner midbass and the tweeters are the same as the iridiums. he also said that the iridium mids are a slitely better, they have a little more midbass extention. hope this helps.

i'm actually running both cdt and dls in my car right now, i would definately take dls over cdt. the midbass seems to be much louder and more accurate and tighter then my cdt hd's were. the tweeters seem to be on the same level. i only compared the 3/4" silk tweeter with both sets. never dealt with the high end from either company but between there lower end stuff, dls wins.

Just put the UR6 I got from DJ in my Teg. Coming from CDTs before, but the EF series. Can't really compare because the DLS need to be broken in, and I only have 50 watts going to them and nasty alternator whine because of the previous owners amp install. I need to pull the amp thats in there out, put my cadence amps in, fix the wiring, and then test them out. The DLS definately get my approval from a looks opinion. They just look like quality. They are nice heavy, solid, and aren't annoyingly oversized like the CDTs.

What would you choose.
DLS UR6 for 365 shipped?

or

CDT ES620 for 360 shipped?

Strenghts/Weaknesses of each?

I currently have the CDT ES-620s and they are excellent. But because I'm such an audio junkie, I've ordered DLS Ultimate Iridiums [top of the line]. They come in tomorrow and I plan on putting them in my kick panels. I will give them a listen and let you know what I think.

On a personal note, I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Also, I have a set of CDT EuroSports Tweeters [used] that I can sell for $100 shipped if you are interested. I can make it an eBay auction if you prefer.

-Derek

I guarantee the iridiums will be better than the es620s. If I had more money to waste I would get the iridiums. I gess I will just stick the the UR6s tho. Ima place the order for my 2 channel amp right about now. 150x2 should be enuff for any comp set that I get

i myself would take the es-620 set over the ur6. CDT is also goin to be upgrading every set they make very soon. I know the new tweeters they have coming out for the new year are gonna be sweet. they also have a ton of other new stuff coming out as well.

Nice to hear that CDT is coming out with new lines.

I finished the install of the Iridiums into kick panels. I haven't given them more than 2 hours of break-in time, but already find them much more complete than my EuroSports. The EuroSports were excellent speakers, but these Iridiums just seem to create a better stage and more detail. Of course it could just be psycho-acoustics, as I did just spend $$ on them!

Just figured I'd drop some info. I know the original poster was looking into UR6s and not Iridiums. If you are willing to hold out, I would figure there will be some sales on CDT EuroSports to make room for the new models.

ya im not planning on getting new comps soon I just wanted to know exactly which ones i was going to get when i did have the money to buy. Right now Im just gonna use my new amp and get more watts to the comps i have now. That should help me hold off on buying some new comps.

I'm sending 230 rms per side per side to my CDT's...(gains down)...the mid bass is great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.