tape adapters. How only one side works?

BoominBeast

Banned
MI
I tried using a tape adapter in the rent a car that i put a system in. And only the right side speaker work. The sub works too. why is this. i got 20 gigs of beats on my laptop and want to use a tape adapter to listen to them.

How do i get both sides to work? I use the blankput reciever that came along with the car

If the tape deck has auto-reverse, try switching the direction control and see if that helps. You're only hearing one side because the tape head isn't lined up precisely with the adapter. You might have a bad deck, or a bad adapter, if the direction-switch doesn't fix things.

i checked with the auto- reverse and no result. i even went out and bought a new adapter and stilll the same. Only the right side works. The tape adapter is inserted the long side up, so i cant flip it around.

whats this head adjusment switch. if i bought an adapter with a head adjustment switch will that be a possibility to fix the problem

it will fix the problem if your heads are not aligned. also, plug in headphones from your notebook and make sure that you are getting a stereo signal.

asmuth adjusting on new tape decks = crap, if i were to guess what manufacturer of this car is do i win a cupi doll? is it chrysler/dodge/jeep/plymouth?

radioshack carries 2 products that transmit over fm and u can tune ur headunit to the station and it will play thru ur speakers

one is the monster cable mobile thing.. not sure of its exact name, price on it is 49.99 i believe

the other is the irock beamit, they both do the same thing, the irock is about 29.99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.