somethings fishy...

Boosted92HB
10+ year member

I just plugged in some #s on a port calculator and...

box is 8 ft.^3

2 RE SE 15's

ported to 35Hz...

4x16.75 port

Now here comes the weird thing...

It tells me that I only need ~12" of port length. Is this correct? seems like everyone here is running some 20+ inch long ports while still being tuned in the mid 30's. Is this setup more along the lines of SPL than SQ? Im going for about a 50/50 mix of the two...

Your calcs are correct. You only need a 12" long port because your box volume is so high. As box volume increases, port length decreases, and as port cross sectional area decreases, port length decreases. However, as you decrease your port cross sectional area, you run the risk of port noise.

Hey Simos, you think you could PLEASE tell us how to input the port calc formula into Excel? I'd be very greatful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks a bunch!

I attached the excel file I put together as a zip file. Not sure if it will work to attach it as a zip file or not. It should be fairly self explanatory as to what you need to do. The cells that are highlighted red contain formulas, so dont type any values in. The cells highlighted green require a value.

port calc.zip

Attachments

• port calc.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 37
I attached the excel file I put together as a zip file. Not sure if it will work to attach it as a zip file or not. It should be fairly self explanatory as to what you need to do. The cells that are highlighted red contain formulas, so dont type any values in. The cells highlighted green require a value.
It is not 100% accurate but fairly close. I recommend doing it by hand or on the computers sientific calculator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Boosted92HB

10+ year member
Boosted92HB
Albany, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from