Whats your opinion on panasonic HU's?

I had a Panasonic HU, and I had a pretty bad alternator whine while using it. I re-grounded everything in my car over and over again, but it never went away until I replaced the HU, it must've had a bad ground internally.

I know a fellow around here with the Ghost Face model and his wife runs the C9800U. They haven't had any reliability problems, let alone any problems, so far.

Some like them, some don't. Others seem to "luck out" and not have their unit break, some users have their units break within a month or two.

I'm not too fond of the lower models ... cheaply built and really flimsy, in my opinion.

- Steve

I've had 2 that I got for free and were lower end lines and I haven't had any issues with them atall, other than the fact that they will NOT eject a CD at all when it's cold out. They must warm up before doing so.

I know a fellow around here with the Ghost Face model and his wife runs the C9800U. They haven't had any reliability problems, let alone any problems, so far.
Some like them, some don't. Others seem to "luck out" and not have their unit break, some users have their units break within a month or two.

I'm not too fond of the lower models ... cheaply built and really flimsy, in my opinion.

- Steve
my thoughts exactly.

they look and feel cheap, and are way to flashy for my tastes, plus the reliability issues will cause me to never touch one. For the money there are plenty of other quality reliable companies to go with so i see no reason to get panasonic.

my display don't work! i cant see nothing at night and during the day i have to look at it in the sun just right to see what i'm doing. other than that it's ok i guess, but all my other h/u's made this one sound like poop!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.