New Pioneer Auto EQ and TA Questions?

eFertLIS
10+ year member

Here's the deal...I built myself fiberglass kicks a few months ago. I upgraded my headunit to a Pioneer 8600 and finally got around to using the Auto EQ. Sounds so much better than it had listening to it flat....but quite a bit ways from perfect.

My question is this....on the screen where you can turn Auto-EQ on and off after it has been calibrated....does that EQ graph actually represent the Auto-EQ settings or is it a generic EQ chart showing you that it's active but not really representing the settings that happened with AutoEQ.

Tough to explain my question but I think that'll work.

On a similar note do you guys use the time allignment features? I tried the auto settings and didn't like them but haven't messed with them yet. Is time allignment helpfull for the sub???? Boston 6.4 Pro in my kickpanels and Ground Zero 10" for now.

Auto EQ basically tries to tune it self Honesty its junk basically if your new to using a EQ use the preset music type EQ's that are presaved such as Rock, Rap , Techno, Jazz , Concert ect ect . Then work on your own personal fav from there.

My question is this....on the screen where you can turn Auto-EQ on and off after it has been calibrated....does that EQ graph actually represent the Auto-EQ settings or is it a generic EQ chart showing you that it's active but not really representing the settings that happened with AutoEQ..
When you turn it off it no longer represents the Auto-EQ curve. The older Pioneer units didn't let you turn it off. In order to get rid of the Auto-EQ curve you would have to reset the deck and of course lose all your memory in the process, which is why they added this feature.

On a similar note do you guys use the time allignment features? I tried the auto settings and didn't like them but haven't messed with them yet. Is time allignment helpfull for the sub????
I use time alignment features but I set it manually by ear in simple mode. I haven't touched PRO mode because I don't want to use the deck's crossover when I run my whole system on SINGLE pair of RCAs. I've never been a fan of auto eq. I never liked the results. Time alignment also works for the sub to answer your question. I haven't messed with that yet though. Your best bet is to try and find someone or a shop that has an RTA. You can get it close and from there you can tailor the sound to what you like.

I finally figured out how to setup my 880PRS for the best sound, and I am head over heels blown away, and Auto EQ and TA did a lot for it.

uhmm...holy old thread batman...2 years old

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cop.gif.57eb2cc10a7efd04d31083ca3c30d53c.gif old thread alert:cop:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.