Where can you buy morel

And now he gets sticker shock ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

Morel Israel and Morel USA used to be the same company. They ended up breaking off their relationship and are no longer one company, but Morel USA is hardly an immitation.

Morel Israel and Morel USA used to be the same company. They ended up breaking off their relationship and are no longer one company, but Morel USA is hardly an immitation.

ummm...how bout' no scott. one of the owner's sons or nephews(can't remember which one) basically pirated all the designs made the speakers for next to nothing thanks to offshore labor and continues to sell them in the U.S. because they look similar to the real morel's and people believe that they are good. go look in this years car audio and electronic buyers guide and tell me where you can find the U.S. morels? it under some company...us-prestige...something jank like that. anyways my point is you can buy from either manufacturer, just know that allthough they may appear very similar on the outside they are not even in the same league when it comes to technology and craftsmanship.

ummm...how bout' no scott. one of the owner's sons or nephews(can't remember which one) basically pirated all the designs made the speakers for next to nothing thanks to offshore labor and continues to sell them in the U.S. because they look similar to the real morel's and people believe that they are good.
*sigh*

This has been played out already....but in the time I have been on the forums, I have seen responses from both Morels. From what they have said in the past, Morel Isreal and Morel USA did used to be the same company. The owners of the two companies were cousins (I believe) and both used to own/run Morel Isreal. One of the cousins came here to the US with the purpose of opening/running Morel USA, which was sort of like a subsidiary of Morel Isreal and was the US distributor/importer of the Morel Isreal products (at this time, the two companies were still related). This is where their stories start to deviate from each other...but somehow they (the cousins) came to be at odds against one another, and Morel USA broke off from it's Israeli counterpart. Since they both used to be a part of the "original" Morel, they both had availability to the product designs. So, Morel USA started producing speakers also using basically those same designs and the same name; Morel. Neither could agree on who actually owned the rights to those designs and name....Morel USA claims they have the rights, Morel Isreal claims they have the rights.

I'm not going to get into which one is better than the other....but above is the general jist of how things came to be.

This has been played out already....but in the time I have been on the forums, I have seen responses from both Morels. From what they have said in the past, Morel Isreal and Morel USA did used to be the same company. The owners of the two companies were cousins (I believe) and both used to own/run Morel Isreal. One of the cousins came here to the US with the purpose of opening/running Morel USA, which was sort of like a subsidiary of Morel Isreal and was the US distributor/importer of the Morel Isreal products (at this time, the two companies were still related). This is where their stories start to deviate from each other...but somehow they (the cousins) came to be at odds against one another, and Morel USA broke off from it's Israeli counterpart. Since they both used to be a part of the "original" Morel, they both had availability to the product designs. So, Morel USA started producing speakers also using basically those same designs and the same name; Morel. Neither could agree on who actually owned the rights to those designs and name....Morel USA claims they have the rights, Morel Isreal claims they have the rights.
I'm not going to get into which one is better than the other....but above is the general jist of how things came to be.
Thank you, some interesting reading for those interested: http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022349

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CP400M

10+ year member
CP400M
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from