CP400M

HAs any one heard of Morel components?

Any info on these components would be nice. Im looking at getting the morel elate 5.

Also i have a 330i BMW with HK stereo. Is there a 3way component that will fit in the front?

Get 2 way components. upfront amd a nice amp for them. leave the rears connected to the stock amp.

Since you have a sedan, 6.5" is tough to fit there.

diamond audio s600's fits perfectly in there. those are 6.5"

others might fit with little modification to the door panel.

if u start messing with the BMW stock system ull need to take it all out and replace it, the impedance of the speakers are different than teh usual speakers and ull need to get a different amp to power the morel components. do u have an aftermarket deck yet?

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...

-Eclipse cd8053

-Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH

-Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels

-12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.

-Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

topofthehillSIG.jpg

Morel is supposed to manufacture some great products. CA&E has reviewed a few of their products and they've always got high marks for SQ.

98 Accord Coupe

HU: Sony Mobile ES CDX-C910, 10 Disc changer

Amp: Audison VrX 4.300 EX2

Comp: Boston Acoustic Pro series 6.5^3

Sub: IDMax 12" in 1.5^3 ft sealed box.

150 Amp Alternator

Saudisonlogo.jpg

if u start messing with the BMW stock system ull need to take it all out and replace it, the impedance of the speakers are different than teh usual speakers and ull need to get a different amp to power the morel components. do u have an aftermarket deck yet?

I plan on changing the whole system out. The aftermarket deck i am getting is the eclipse av8533. (http://www.eclipse-web.com/index_av.html) Do you know of any 3 way components that will fit in the HK stereo in the front? Or something that isnt do difficult to fit wiht a little modification?

Morel is supposed to manufacture some great products. CA&E has reviewed a few of their products and they've always got high marks for SQ.

How do you like your audison amp? How much did you pay for it? I have heard good things about them.

How do you like your audison amp? How much did you pay for it? I have heard good things about them.

The amp is amazing. :thumbsup Quite simply the nicest, cleanest amp I've ever heard. No turnon or off noise. Amazing clarity and headroom. The guy at the shop where I bought it loves it too, he says he would sell them to everybody and nothing else if they would buy them.

98 Accord Coupe

150 Amp Alternator

Saudisonlogo.jpg

I have a 96 328i with the same 3 speaker setup, I'd love to know as well if there is a drop in replacement out there for it...

My Stuffs:

Headunit: Alpine 7930

EQ: Apline 3342 Digital EQ

Mid Amp: Fusion FP1402

Sub Amp: Fusion FP1000D

Mids : Rainbow CS 230

Subs: Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" (2)

Lotsa Deadening of various natures, generic wire and so forth all stuffed in a 1996 328iS.

"It's loud enough"

Refs:Blazemore

The amp is amazing. :thumbsup Quite simply the nicest, cleanest amp I've ever heard. No turnon or off noise. Amazing clarity and headroom. The guy at the shop where I bought it loves it too, he says he would sell them to everybody and nothing else if they would buy them.

How much did you get the amp for?

has anyone heard of morel..hmmm...oh yeah me!!! i'm actually running a three way setup that includes: supremos, elate 5sw's, and elate 9sw's. best speakers money can buy, hands down!

has anyone heard of morel..hmmm...oh yeah me!!! i'm actually running a three way setup that includes: supremos, elate 5sw's, and elate 9sw's. best speakers money can buy, hands down!

How much did you pay for that setup?

What amp are you running those with?

i didn't pay enough!! jk, they were expensive. also, i'm running 2 ppi ax606.2's....one to each side for better seperation. if you want to see the retail prices pick up an issue of CA&E with the alpine mini cooper on the front. that issue is the 2004 buyer's guide. all the prices for everything are in there.

i didn't pay enough!! jk, they were expensive. also, i'm running 2 ppi ax606.2's....one to each side for better seperation. if you want to see the retail prices pick up an issue of CA&E with the alpine mini cooper on the front. that issue is the 2004 buyer's guide. all the prices for everything are in there.

That may have retail but what did you pay ;)

Morel Elates are very nice speakers. I had a chance to audition a set here in Australia and they blew me away.

Morel also assemble and make the Phoenix Gold Elites.

Not sure about american prices but here in Aus the 6.5" 2 way elate splits go for $889 AUS and the 3 way 6.5" for $1279 AUS.

The 3 way Elite 9's go for $1359 AUS so just do the conversions and that should give you a rough idea

How much did you get the amp for?

That's info that I don't divulge. :D I'll tell you this much though, I paid just a little bit above cost.

98 Accord Coupe

150 Amp Alternator

Saudisonlogo.jpg

That's info that I don't divulge. :D I'll tell you this much though, I paid just a little bit above cost.

You can PM me the cost. I won't tell anyone :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now