2 questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brian Fisher

CarAudio.com Newbie
i have a GMC 2015 Sierra Crew SLT

I replaced all speakers with FOCAL, added 2 10" FOCAL subs- sounds incredible Only stock piece is the Infotainment Radio. When the car audio people installed the equipment they used a Diamond amp for the subs 300 watts mono bridged, and ARC Audio 600 watt for the doors. They didn't install an Digital Sound Processor- I have a gain switch for the bass- My Treble and Mid are at the half way level, and bass is set at Zero on the radio controls-

Bass is getting through to all speakers, how to minimize bass getting to the door and dash speakers?

I can crank it, it sounds really good- to me, and a lot of other people- but the day I had a guy listen from another car audio shop he said it was alright- without a Sound processing unit installed that it will always be "alright," he is guru I guess- my system sounds really good better than most I come across

question 1- Is a DSP critical? Can I get more clarity out of the FOCAL speakers with something processing the signals?

question 2- how can I reduce bass to all speakers except for the subs?

i have a GMC 2015 Sierra Crew SLT

I replaced all speakers with FOCAL, added 2 10" FOCAL subs- sounds incredible Only stock piece is the Infotainment Radio. When the car audio people installed the equipment they used a Diamond amp for the subs 300 watts mono bridged, and ARC Audio 600 watt for the doors. They didn't install an Digital Sound Processor- I have a gain switch for the bass- My Treble and Mid are at the half way level, and bass is set at Zero on the radio controls-

Bass is getting through to all speakers, how to minimize bass getting to the door and dash speakers?

I can crank it, it sounds really good- to me, and a lot of other people- but the day I had a guy listen from another car audio shop he said it was alright- without a Sound processing unit installed that it will always be "alright," he is guru I guess- my system sounds really good better than most I come across

question 1- Is a DSP critical? Can I get more clarity out of the FOCAL speakers with something processing the signals?

question 2- how can I reduce bass to all speakers except for the subs?
you'll get a massive improvement with a dsp and running active. The absolute biggest difference, nothing else comes close.

Only way is to have a high pass filter which is with a dsp. 

thank you- any brand you recommend- middle of the market
cheap end you got the dayton dsp for 150 and 30 dollar bluetooth dongle so you can control everything on your smart phone vs lugging around a laptop.  Higher end dsps around 600 are audison, helix, alpine etc... there's a lot to choose from.  Not really a good mid tier out there, maybe JL twk 88 for 450ish but the dayton does more than the twk for 1/3 the price.

too much bass from the front and rear speakers?  raise the Arc crossover frequency 

Last edited by a moderator:
You didnt list what speakers were used, but if they are a component set they should have come with passive crossovers. And again you didn't list what ARC amp you have, but it possibly has a highpass filter which should block unwanted frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.