Sign in to follow this  
Boomin_tahoe

4 6.5" Massive Audio Hippo XL subs enclosure

Was given an opportunity for a local guy to build him a ported box to fit under the rear seat of his SUV. Modeled it up in Sketch up and got done with it a few days ago. Still gotta cut the mounting holes as I'm waiting for true measurements from the guy once he gets the subs.

20190608_163058.jpg

20190608_163154.jpg

20190604_195723.jpg

20190604_195745.jpg

20190605_173850.jpg

20190605_204248.jpg

20190605_204239.jpg

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Port looks very small, why didn't you make it the full height? 

Edited by THATpurpleKUSH

giphy.gif

"Sigh"... Looking at that green grass means a temperate climate... and makes me "green" with envy at the moment... lol... its forecast high of 112 today here.

How much amplifier power is the guy going to be using?

Did you design the enclosure or just build it?

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

7 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Port looks very small, why didn't you make it the full height? 

Thought it looked smallish myself but don't know anything about designing. He got the design from someone else, I just built it....and noticed 2-3 dims that were off. Imma tell the guy not to go thru with him again. Wasn't even given a 3-d drawing, barely any pics showing what it will look like. Supposilly, the port is tuned to 35Hz but it's 10" in length. I hate to see the actual tuning from a few gurus on here and have the guy dissapointed and build a new one.

Edited by Boomin_tahoe

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

On 6/11/2019 at 9:25 AM, shredder2 said:

"Sigh"... Looking at that green grass means a temperate climate... and makes me "green" with envy at the moment... lol... its forecast high of 112 today here.

How much amplifier power is the guy going to be using?

Did you design the enclosure or just build it?

I haven't asked him what amp he's going to power them with but I will when he comes and picks it up. I def didn't design the enclosure. I don't know if I should release the actual dims on here and have someone look into the specs on it and let the guy know he'll be disappointed with it or wait until later then he'll tell me it sounds like crap.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

On 6/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, Boomin_tahoe said:

Thought it looked smallish myself but don't know anything about designing. He got the design from someone else, I just built it....and noticed 2-3 dims that were off. Imma tell the guy not to go thru with him again. Wasn't even given a 3-d drawing, barely any pics showing what it will look like. Supposilly, the port is tuned to 35Hz but it's 10" in length. I hate to see the actual tuning from a few gurus on here and have the guy dissapointed and build a new one.

if the airspace is high, with a small port like that it should be 35hz just might run into compression when you put a lot of power onto it.  If its a low powered setup then small port area is okay.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Oh shit...papermaker is that you again?? 

@THATpurpleKUSH what you think?!

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

59 minutes ago, Boomin_tahoe said:

Oh shit...papermaker is that you again?? 

@THATpurpleKUSH what you think?!

Yea I called it in a few other threads. Can't believe the dipshit used almost the same fuckin name.

giphy.gif

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this