Fire

Participant count
  • Participant list

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
I bought 0 gauge ofc wiring for my system connected everything and got power and good bass however the ground for the amplifier was the same one that is used for the electric antenna in my car and shortly after replacing and connecting a new antenna that to that same grounding point that I used the grounding point got red hot and started smoking also the ground wire to my battery was smoking when I looked up front and to add insult to injury somehow my under the hood fuse block for the amp somehow fell from where I mounted it and was part of the fire that started the fuse block survived but my battery had a hole in it which made it start leaking and my ground to the body got frayed the fuse block fell close to the negative cable on the battery. Do you guys think it was the fuse block being close to the negative battery cable ( cause that's where it fell basically at by the corner of my car battery which is also where the hole in the battery appeared ) causing lots of heat or was it a bad choice of grounding point in the trunk which wasn't on the frame but actually a piece of sheet metal same spot I mentioned for the antenna which was basically a piece of sheet metal please can someone give me some insight on this I'm fairly new to this and I dont want to reconnect my subs and amp until I get someone with more experience opinion I'm not using alot of power my amp is an old jl a1200 (not 1200 watts that's just the name) and 2 very temporary dvc kicker comp S subs I know 0 gauge is overkill but I plan to upgrade my system soon so that's why went with the big wire

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.