Getting speaker wire into car door

Participant count
  • Participants list
I have a 2006 ford focus zx4 and I am needing to get speaker wire into my car door and there is a small issue. The factory boot that leads to the door is not an open hole but completely filled with a harness that has the factory wiring in it. Is there any kind of adapter I can get that would allow me to run some wire through or do I have to drill my own holes. Side note if I have to make my own what would be the best way to do so I am looking for a one and done kind of install all top notch and never have to think about it again. 

I know exactly what you are talking about lol.   Molex connectors. On my 2016 I used the stocker speaker wire which was actually 14 gauge with the amped factory system.

On my 2010 I drilled new holes below the factory boots to get 3 runs of 12 gauge into the doors.  Sometimes there is enough space on the molex plugs that you can drill to get wire through them. Just not enough for 3 runs like I had.

The picture with my hands in it is the boot between the car and door and the other shows the spot where the boot twists into, yes twist, this thing spins like a screw to tighten. Luckily there is no molex connector on the other side of the boot. I know you can drill through these as long as your careful not to hit any of the wires but I am currently upgrading my speaker wire to karma SS 12 Gauge Speaker Wire from KnuKonceptz and I don't know if I have enough space to get the wire through. Any suggestions would be appreciated, sorry about the blurry second pic my phone wouldn't focus being in such a weird angle to get the photo.

20190612_145726[1].jpg

20190612_150323[1].jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.