No sound - please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Leights7

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there. I'm hoping you guys can weigh in on this. We have a 2015 Ford Focus - factory stereo. For the last few months, the stereo will randomly make a few pops in all speakers and then all sound in all speakers will be lost. Then, randomly, it will all fire back up - full sound (full quality). This happens on and off. It can stay off for up to a week, and then randomly turn on again. Anyway, I took it to an car audio store and they told me the head unit was fried - and quoted me $1100 for a new Pioneer one. My question is - I feel like I am being scammed and that given the stereo still seems to work sometimes, it's a loose connection somewhere rather than a dead head unit. Please let me know your thoughts. Much appreciated.

-Leighton

1100 is waaay too expensive for the head unit you are being scammed with the pricing there. 

your stock head unit could be bad but it could also be other issues like

your wiring is bad or there's a tear somewhere thats causing things to ground out. 

your wiring harness is loose somewhere. 

Anyways you can put in the head unit yourself. its the easiest thing ever. Buy a head unit you like from crutchfield, it includes the dash kit and wiring harness, there's decent flagship ones for 500-700 ish and decent double din touch screens for 200-350.  Youtube tutorials works well, you'll finish the install in 1 hour tops if you are slow. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.