1 sub 2 speakers vs 4 speakers

Johnniz

Oslo
Hi.

Im going to make a simple speaker enclosure to have in my boat. I dont want to spend too much money and also only have the one battery (60amp car battery).

I have a cheap 500w 4 channel  amp from Kenwood (KAC-6405) with these ratings: 4x40W@ 4 ohms and 130w x 2 bridged.

Would you guys choose

A: 2 larger speakers, like 6,5 or 8 inch close to 100W RMS each?

B: 2 smaller speakers, maybe 4 or 5 inch closer to 40-50W RMS each and a small sub close to 100W RMS?

C 4 smaller speakers, all 40-50W RMS

Its a 14ft boat, and I was planning to have the enclosure under the deck in front.

Thanks

If this is going to be up top with all the wind, waves, and engine noise, I'd go with the two larger full range speakers if you only want one mounting location. 4 speakers would be ok if you installed them front and rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

Im going to make a simple speaker enclosure to have in my boat. I dont want to spend too much money and also only have the one battery (60amp car battery).

I have a cheap 500w 4 channel  amp from Kenwood (KAC-6405) with these ratings: 4x40W@ 4 ohms and 130w x 2 bridged.

Would you guys choose

A: 2 larger speakers, like 6,5 or 8 inch close to 100W RMS each?

B: 2 smaller speakers, maybe 4 or 5 inch closer to 40-50W RMS each and a small sub close to 100W RMS?

C 4 smaller speakers, all 40-50W RMS

Its a 14ft boat, and I was planning to have the enclosure under the deck in front.

Thanks

this 8 gets loud with good sensitivity ratings and SQ, plays up really high as well into tweeter territory. You want to bridge your amp to a pair of these.

https://www.amazon.com/PRV-8MB500v2-NDY-Neodymium-Midbass-Midrange/dp/B072YNDVP1

for a boat?....

🤘

🤘

💀

;)

jvm210h-stack_copy_1500x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.