Help with speaker choices

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aeris

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am rather new to the car audio thing, cars as a whole actually.. Currently i am running Quinn Accoustics QE693 6x9 3-way (30W power, 90W max) on front doors,an Alpine S-S65C component 6-1/2 2-way speaker set (80W rms, 240W peak) on back doors, a Kenwood Excelon KFC-X2C 2-3/4th inch speaker set (50W rms, 120W peak) in the dash and dual electronics TBX10A 10 inch sub (built in amp) and no amplifier. All i know is i was told i should get a 5 channel amp by the guy at the audio shop. My vehicle is a 2007 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab and has mounts for 3.5 inch speakers in the dash, 6x9 speakers in the front doors, and 6.5 speakers in the back doors and i am looking for a good speaker system to use for Country, Rock, and lots of Progressive Metal, but am on sort of a budget and cannot afford to spend thousands on this, I would like to get speaker/amp/sub suggestions, Thank you in advance for your time.

If you have not sound deadened your doors, I would start with that. With nothing else done, that will be your biggest bang for your buck, plus you can do it yourself.

Once that is complete, I would start with replacing the head unit with something decent, which should get rid of any missing highs and lows programmed from the factory.

Then start looking at 5 channel amps. Leave your rear speakers on head unit power, and amp your font speakers and sub.

Then start replacing speakers as money allows. Ditch the 6x9’s, and run a nice 2-way 6.5” passive component set up front. Then upgrade your sub, and use a proper box.

Look on eBay for Noico 80 mil tiles. 36 sq. ft. should do both your doors. There are lots of youtube videos on installing cld tiles. Start with some of the caraudiofabrication videos.

You can find many great used speakers and subs on the many forums and web sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
DF0839CC-77C2-4BD7-BDFF-2F4614030B2B.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.