No sound from Speakers

Participant count
  • Participants list

CaliforniaBorn36

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am installing The Boss Audio 560BRGB in my vehicle. I have wired per the instructions as follows

1. Yellow to Battery
  2. Red to Accessory terminal
  3. Black to ground
  4. Blue (ANT) no connection made as I do not have a power antenna
  5. Purple and Purple/Black to right rear speaker
  6. Green and Green/Black to left rear speaker
  7. Gray and Grey/Black right front not connected
  8. White and White/Black left front not connected
  9. Antenna connected
I have tested the speakers in another vehicle. I have wired directly to the DIN connector to avoid any broken wire issues. I have even replaced the DIN connector

The stereo turns on. I can scroll through the functions menu. The radio connects to a local FM Station with strong signal, no sound from speakers. I used the auxiliary input cable with my iPhone, still no sound from speakers. I validated the unit was not on mute. The unit was returned to Boss Audio for testing and tested fine. I am sure I am missing something simple here, but I am at my wits end.

Any help would be appreciated

Hey there buddy!

ok, the connections appear to be correct but one issue;

Why have you connected the rear speakers and not the front speaker.  Usually people connect the front speakers and leave the rears  so suggest you do the following:

• disconnect the rears and connect to the front to see if you get any sound form any source, radio, cd, aux.
  • disconnect all speakers and connect a 1.5v penlight battery to the speaker outputs to see if any noise is present, like a scratching noise to indicate left, right, rear Left/right speaker sound.
  • This action will indicate your speakers are not dead;
  • you can take the unit out all together and bench test it to see it works with other speaker you may have / ask neighbour/ friend/ ex-girlfriend! :laugh:
  • Once you have tested it and it all works on the bench, then use the 1.5volt battery to wire correct front speaker, left and right.
  • Some units are preset at front speakers leaving you to change the setting to reflect 2 or 4 channels, so once you power up your unit, check the speaker fader/ balance to check.
Let us know how you go mate!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.