people are scaring me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
i wanna apologize in advance for the people that already answered my post. i know its annoying to have a repetitive post about same question but this one is slightly different. so in my previous post people suggested to do the big 3 and upgrade to a bigger alternator. so i contact mike from singer alt and i ordered myself a 200 amp for my 1000 watt audio system since im dropping to battery voltage. now everyone is telling me how big of a mistake i did because my car is toyota corolla 2020. and they told me im gonna mess up the computer system in my car and if i do the big 3 . how the electric braking system will break on me because too much voltage. can somebody confirm?

man listen i know you are frustrated and mad from me because the repetitive question and etc. but we all been noob once. you wasnt born professional either. Yes i get scared when people scare me about the alternator breaking my car and the computer system u know people talk. and because i have zero knowledge in this field i get scared of breaking a car im financing. iv been reading on google trying to not ask anyone or bother anyone. but u know i couldnt understand everything. car audio is truly a big world. 

I know you told me im fine and i really really appreciate your previous posts on my topics. however it got worse last time and i start dropping to 12.6 and 12.4 and it was taking time to go back up that's why i wanted to do the big 3 and get an alt. But at the same time i wanna be sure i aint breaking nothing on this car. I really hope you understand

you didnt need a fking alt. The big 3 is just going to make your system healthier with better power flow. 

you can drop to 12.0 and still be completely fine foo. You are absolutely overthinking everything. Just cancel the order and leave your sh*t alone.

you didnt need a fking alt. The big 3 is just going to make your system healthier with better power flow. 

you can drop to 12.0 and still be completely fine foo. You are absolutely overthinking everything. Just cancel the order and leave your sh*t alone.
Alright man thank you! it's just people talk a lot man legit they make you worry about things you dont have to worry about.

Man, agree, just do the big 3 and see how you go.  With class D amplifiers today, it will be less stress on your vehicle.  If you intend to go mega 0000 watts then a secondary battery(s) is all you will need. 

Secondly, music is transient, not constant like a light bulb draining amperage.  I don't understand why you are going for 3k/4k sound system as systems with 1000 watt peak is adequate for most people. :laugh: . 

If you want to keep on the safe note, then just go dual subwoofer system with monobloc and 4 channel amp to drive your speakers.  If you are packing sh...t about your car since you want this ground pounder, then best to leave it to the experts if you want to go that way and fork out money on the installation / modification costs.  Then the shop will provide your warranty on the workmanship. That way, you will be covered.  Another factor is you have to may have to advise your car insurance company in an event of an accident, as they could decline to accept your claim on the basis that your car damaged was partly to be blamed on the sound system.  I know it sounds crazy but insurance companies are finding every fault to reject claims so please be aware of this since you have a new car.

DSC_1078.jpg

Charbel Bernaba said:
man listen i know you are frustrated and mad from me because the repetitive question and etc. but we all been noob once. you wasnt born professional either. Yes i get scared when people scare me about the alternator breaking my car and the computer system u know people talk. and because i have zero knowledge in this field i get scared of breaking a car im financing. iv been reading on google trying to not ask anyone or bother anyone. but u know i couldnt understand everything. car audio is truly a big world. 
I have told you so many times now you are fine. I don't know why you wont listen to me nor anyone else on here that you are fine.

I walled my 2010 right after getting it. I was still paying on it while I was ripping the roof in half. I did 157s while still paying on it. A higher amperage alternator is going to break anything. Who ever told you that needs to be kicked in the nuts. I've had a DC power 270 in mine for 8 years.

But for the final time. You don't need a bigger alternator and voltage drop is 100% normal and going to happen. I can get into the mid 11 volts if I try and I have 5 batteries and an HO alternator. 

Don't play with your car turned off for too long and you will never have any problems killing a battery or being stranded.  Even though you said you didn't want to spend anymore money it really seems you do so I said upgrade your "big 3". An HO alternator is not needed for 1000 watts of class D amps BEFORE impedance rise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping voltage on 1Kw? You are right, there is an issue and it's probably a ground. Or a connection period.

I have a RF Prime 1200w sub amp (Class D) AND a U.S. Acoustic Barbara Ann 100w x 4 (Class A/B) and I was chasing real bad voltage drop for a while. Turns out it was a simple ground connection at the battery. My voltage was dropping from right at 14v to under 10v sometimes. Once I corrected the ground connection it rarely drops under 13v on hot days.

I have a single stock battery and a 125a alternator. That is it.

1,000w should not be an issue for your car.

Oh, and the bigger alternator is not going to hurt anything because the voltage regulator only lets a certain amount of voltage output. You could have a 500amp alternator but if the voltage regulator is set to 14v... then 14v is what you get. You will still get voltage drop. It will not fix a problem like a loose ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
Charbel Bernaba
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ThxOne