Any Spl predictions?

shredder2

CarAudio.com VIP
Az
There's a local event coming up on Sunday, a chance to finally either smile or cry (meters hate me it seems)... 🤣

What is in my Honda is in my sig and the enclosure is 7.5ft3 net tuned about 40hz currently.

I'm planning to try it outlaw and sealed if possible... I believe it's going to be Usaci format.

Would anyone like to pull out the crystal ball and try to predict my upcoming reality check?

Pic of current setup I'm bringing...

KDj8sDS.jpg

oIWDlPM.jpg

Should be 150db+...  if I had to guess 147.3db sealed on dash 
I'd be happy with that result for sure... been chasing a 150 since the late 90s when I was there with the old Audiocontrol meters.

Sunday I'll know... or screw up my runs like last time... lol

149.9    :wallbash:

lol jk

Is outlaw always in the kick or can it be anywhere in front of the b pillar?

If you can, try mic in the location for sealed but open up the door opposite side of the mic. Some vehicles will put up a good # that way. 

My predictions: 

150.2 sealed

151.3 outlaw

It might take some testing to get there. Do a sweep to find your peak freq, when you find that freq use a tone or find a song with that freq. 

149.9    :wallbash:

lol jk

Is outlaw always in the kick or can it be anywhere in front of the b pillar?

If you can, try mic in the location for sealed but open up the door opposite side of the mic. Some vehicles will put up a good # that way. 

My predictions: 

150.2 sealed

151.3 outlaw

It might take some testing to get there. Do a sweep to find your peak freq, when you find that freq use a tone or find a song with that freq. 
149.9 outlaw?.. if I get there I'd count it as a victory with a TL involved...  :goldcup:

Probably hit a 148db... story of my life since meters got better. My 52 year old ear-o-meter always lets me down.

This time I am a little better prepared with tones and I have a good idea what frequencies I need to start off with.  Last show I completely missed a 30 sec run waiting for an intro as I was using music... I felt like burying my head in the desert sand at that moment...  :hide:

Over 150 sealed AND outlaw?

I'd sure like that... Sunday we'll see

I'm still not completely sure on mic location as I'm a noob all over again basically. But I'll ask more questions regarding the Usaci format for sure, idk what I'll be permitted or what class I'll be in. Trophy at the last show said "no wall 5k"... but the results got posted online in novice 3000-6000 or something... so we'll see... it's not an official event anyways but will follow the Usaci format rules I hear.

Gonna be some stoopid-loud vehicles there so I can't wait. Metering mine cheap will be just a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
149.9 outlaw?.. if I get there I'd count it as a victory with a TL involved...  :goldcup:

Probably hit a 148db... story of my life since meters got better. My 52 year old ear-o-meter always lets me down.

This time I am a little better prepared with tones and I have a good idea what frequencies I need to start off with.  Last show I completely missed a 30 sec run waiting for an intro as I was using music... I felt like burying my head in the desert sand at that moment...  :hide:

Over 150 sealed AND outlaw?

I'd sure like that... Sunday we'll see

I'm still not completely sure on mic location as I'm a noob all over again basically. But I'll ask more questions regarding the Usaci format for sure, idk what I'll be permitted or what class I'll be in. Trophy at the last show said "no wall 5k"... but the results got posted online in novice 3000-6000 or something... so we'll see... it's not an official event anyways but will follow the format rules I hear.

Gonna be some stoopid-loud vehicles there so I can't wait. Metering mine cheap will be just a bonus.
There is definitely a 150 in that setup, it's just a matter of testing. If you use a tone you can be heavy handed with the gain and send a soft clip for short periods of time.  :hide:

I wouldn't advise that on music however and always make sure you que up your song so the bass hits as soon as you're hitting play. I forgot to turn my amp on during a run last summer and dq'ed myself. Doh!

Im looking to add a 2nd battery. How do you figure out what specs to use? Also how do you have it wired? Use an isolator?
In my case space available was a serious concern, I still might go bigger eventually for the nextsecondary battery if I wire to .5 like I probably will someday. But I just watch voltage and if it's above 12.5v I'm close. Of course I'd love a steady 14v but $ and space is a factor. 

I just wanted some stronger voltage as before the lil' Northstar I could drop voltage under 10v pretty easily. 

That lasted a week or so due to procrastination but once I got motivated to resize the enclosure it got done.

For my usage at this point it's sufficient, a full volume burp pulls it just over or at resting voltage as is... on music it's in the mid 13v range mostly so for now I'm kinda finding the system limits until the NEXT upgrade...  :suicide:

Fuses?.. breakers?.. I fuse once up front close to the starting agm and before the secondary battery  and that's it.

I've never fused amps that don't already have them... never had a problem either. And as long as the rear battery is close to the amp I won't bother in back. That said... depending on how it's setup would affect my decision regarding rear fusing (layout... etc).

I have it wired as 2 batteries parallel with a 250A alt... nothing fancy here.

Just lots of attention... paid to grounds up front and rear (all doubled-up).

There's a local event coming up on Sunday, a chance to finally either smile or cry (meters hate me it seems)... 🤣

What is in my Honda is in my sig and the enclosure is 7.5ft3 net tuned about 40hz currently.

I'm planning to try it outlaw and sealed if possible... I believe it's going to be Usaci format.

Would anyone like to pull out the crystal ball and try to predict my upcoming reality check?

Pic of current setup I'm bringing...

Well......

Well......
Sorry... just got back.

47hz turned out to be my frequency,  rising to 2.8ohm clamped around 1500 for a 148.9db.

Asked lots of questions and I'm not as lost now at least.

I think I'm going to wire to .5 next and see what happens. 

Pretty decent turnout today.

That was outlaw in the kick btw... 

No sealed numbers as when I went thru was when a line was there... I suppose I could have done another later but I'm pleased with the result.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.