Capacitor Question (amp, inverter, dist. block)

Participant count
  • Participants list

PappaPerez

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay here is the scenario. I am starting a build next month. I’m doing this one for a family member and they have a conversion van because my family member recently became handicapped.  They love a decent sound system seems to be a genetic thing haha, anyway all this started with a need for 120 Volt AC outlets.  So basically what will be in the Van without getting technical ---  Amp, Distribution block, Capacitor, and a Power Inverter for the 120V outlets.

The Question…   When adding a capacitor should I add the Capacitor before the distribution block so that it feeds the Amp and the Power Inverter or just use the Cap for the Amp.  I see some debate on this and as to where the cap should be and what other items should be in the circuit with the Cap.

So with that question could you please provide a detailed answer as to your thoughts on this… Im sure many of you have a lot more experience and I mean real world experience with this sort of stuff, not just some guy reading the book but have encountered this issue and have installed things before.

THANK YOU!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.