Out of the loop 13 years, trying to match setup/what happened to RE?

thigpen
10+ year member

Alright, when I got my first ride when I was 18 I did a bunch of research here before buying my setup. I ended up with 2 12" Resonant Engineering SE's with a 1200 rms RE amp powering them, which I got super cheap when we did a group order through here as a forum. I did some research just now and it doesn't really look like anyone sells the RE's anymore, even in their new SEX line, is there anyone comparable to look into/ what happened to RE? everyone on here was really high on them back in the day.

Also, i had a JL audio 300/2 amp that i used for my front component speakers. the amp actually still works great 13 years later, and I want another one, but it appears they changed their line as well. If anyone could point me to their closest current model amp with around the same rms to a pair of front components thatd be great.

I know my terminology is loose, thanks for bearing with me.

RE is old news. Get a pair of sundown SA 12s on a 2k amp and you will be happy. Don’t get a prefab box. Get a nice box made that’s like at least 2.5cubes per woofer. JL still makes nice stuff 

Id snagg up a pair of XFLs( American Bass) place those in 4.0Cu Ft minimum @32 htz -35 htz and throw a SoundQubed Mono Block those and run that JL up front(Great amp)

https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xfl-12-inch-1000w-rms-dvc-subwoofer.html You may be able to shop around and find a much better deal on the 12s

the 10s get down in 4.0@ 32htz. Ive never had any issues with XFLs..Didnt care for the SAs 12s ive ran.Didnt get what I wanted out of them building several enclosures.Went to XFLs and never looked back for the $. Get your supply /power supply in tact for the demand and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
After the sold deal to US Amps deal, their quality went downward quite fast. RE was the **** and everyone rode that bandwagon while it lasted. I used to run 4 10's SE series for about 7-8 yrs straight and sold them...

003.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.