voltage drops?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
so i have toyota corolla 2020 with 100 amp stock alternator and my total wattage is 1000 watt cladd amp efficiency. my question my voltage most of the time is solid at 13.2 and waves between 13.2 to 13.3 and 13.4 but sometimes some songs drops it to 12.8 12.7 anything to worry about or needs to be addressed?

so i have toyota corolla 2020 with 100 amp stock alternator and my total wattage is 1000 watt cladd amp efficiency. my question my voltage most of the time is solid at 13.2 and waves between 13.2 to 13.3 and 13.4 but sometimes some songs drops it to 12.8 12.7 anything to worry about or needs to be addressed?
Is everything stock? Battery, cables... How do you have this amplifier hooked up?

No, you are not doing okay as long as you stay above 12 volts. Most healthy batteries will be above 12 volts when fully charged, and an alternator is ideally bringing your voltage up to 14.4 when the system/vehicle draw does not exceed the output of the alternator.

I assume we are talking about a daily system, as opposed to a competition system where you are trying to maximize the output to tenths of a db. In the case of a daily driver system, basically as long as you never need to use jumper cables to start your car, its sufficient. This is because everyone's listening habits are different. How often you play the stereo while the engine is on, how loud you play it, and even (sometimes) the genre of music you listen to can affect the average-over-time draw your system puts on the charging system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.