Is This a Good Deal Or Is There Better?

Participant count
  • Participant list

happy4ya

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for a good amp for my sealed dual Rockford Fosgate 10" Punch sub box.  I believe they handle 200 or 250RMS.  I was powering them with an old US Acoustics USA 2200 amp, but need something smaller to hide.

Sonic is running a sale on the Alpine MRV-M500 for $107.99 and including the RUX-KNOB.2 for free.

Running my subs @ 2 ohms, this will put out 500RMS, around 100 watts more than the old 200 x 2 amp, and I'm guessing will be more efficient and maybe a little cleaner.

Just wondering what you guys think about this as a replacement.  Or is there better for the money?

Smaller is better (is possible) but not a dealbreaker since this is plenty small (it's less than half the size of my old amp).  And I do want an external bass knob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool.  Thanks.  I just ordered one.  Lots of good reviews on Crutchfield and Sonic and a lot of people running bigger and beefier speakers than mine, so if I blow my speakers or just want more bass, at least I know I can upgrade to a set of 12's without a problem.

My box is about 24 years old but speakers seem to be in good shape (surrounds not dried out).  I bought it in 95 or 96 for my Thunderbird I had at the time and it has been sitting unused since 2010 when I sold the car.  Not sure if it'll have any effect on it holding up but if it dies, it dies and I'll upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.