is this safe or not?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
i just got the stinger voltemter installed to my amp, and i noticed 2 things. its not 14.2 like the last installer told me. its 13.4. and after playing some songs. it was still 13.2 13.1. theres some songs where the bass got hard. it dropped to 12.6 12.8 very very quickly and weny back up. to 13.2 anything to worry about? or i need a bigger alternator?

i just got the stinger voltemter installed to my amp, and i noticed 2 things. its not 14.2 like the last installer told me. its 13.4. and after playing some songs. it was still 13.2 13.1. theres some songs where the bass got hard. it dropped to 12.6 12.8 very very quickly and weny back up. to 13.2 anything to worry about? or i need a bigger alternator?
The primary source of current for your loads, which is your factory electronics plus any audio system electronics you added, is the alternator...

Until it can't keep up with the demand, and then your amplifier is drawing from the battery. That's what happens when you see the voltage drop below 13.

When the current draw drops enough for the alternator to "catch up" the voltage at the input side of the amplifier will go up.

You're going to measure less voltage at the amplifier than you will measure at the alternator or at the underhood battery. 

The primary source of current for your loads, which is your factory electronics plus any audio system electronics you added, is the alternator...

Until it can't keep up with the demand, and then your amplifier is drawing from the battery. That's what happens when you see the voltage drop below 13.

When the current draw drops enough for the alternator to "catch up" the voltage at the input side of the amplifier will go up.

You're going to measure less voltage at the amplifier than you will measure at the alternator or at the underhood battery. 

thank you for replying to me..so that means im good or i need a bigger alternator?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.