A pillar build

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am going to build some a pillar speakers, right now I am upgrading the trunk with a DC xl elite and a wolfram amp. My mids and highs run through a kenwood 10 channel dsp. 8 channels for the cab and 2 go to the sub.  I want to delete the dash speakers and do some custom a pillars.  It is a 16 Chrysler  200. I already bought a set of used a pillars to work with. 

I am looking for a set of component speakers to fit in the a pillar. What are some good options for a pillar speakers. I could go as high as 500 for the pair of it is worth it. All the other speakers in my car are Infiniti.  I was looking for a set of 3.5 inch or 4 inch speakers.

Thank you.

if you are doing A pillars might as well do a 3 way active front since you have a dsp. mid, midbass, midrange.  scanspeak, hybrid audio technologies, are nice neutral and resolving all around. Focal and infinity if you want extra bright sound signature.

i dont know much about doing an active system but my understanding is if i do a front 3 way system active i would use 6 channels on my amplifier? My amp is 6x75 with 4 aux outputs. So all 6 channels would go to my front speakers, correct?

I went to a local shop to get an estimate on getting my a pillars made. I decided to go active but I have a question i posted in another thread.  I am going with a 3" and tweeter for now and leave my 6-1/2 in my doors and maybe look at a way on fitting an 8" in there.

Ok I am having some a pillars made with a 3" componet set, i am considering going active with them and not buying the crossover. I need help deciding on my best option.

2016 chrysler 200s with a kenwood 10 channel DSP. 6x75watts rms and 4 aux out. I have i have 8 channels in the car plus the subs and if I go active I will need 10 channels. So a pillars need 4 channels, front doors 2 channels, rear doors 2 channels and rear deck 2 channels. Plus subs. I have a 4 channel kenwood amp. I would like to use this amp for the a pillars. i have full ex and time alighnment on my DSP.

My question is will it work if I split my aux output on my dsp going in to the 4 channel amp to run the front mid and tweeter? The 4 channel has a HPF and a LPF.  So on the dsp amp channels 1-6 controll the rear deck, rear doors and front door. The 4 channel amp control a 3" mid and tweeter. Or is there an amp that will do this like the kicker key?

Here are the amps i own.

Kenwood DSP XR600-6DSP

Kenwood 4 channel amp KAC-M3004

•  

I went to a local shop to get an estimate on getting my a pillars made. I decided to go active but I have a question i posted in another thread.  I am going with a 3" and tweeter for now and leave my 6-1/2 in my doors and maybe look at a way on fitting an 8" in there.

Ok I am having some a pillars made with a 3" componet set, i am considering going active with them and not buying the crossover. I need help deciding on my best option.

2016 chrysler 200s with a kenwood 10 channel DSP. 6x75watts rms and 4 aux out. I have i have 8 channels in the car plus the subs and if I go active I will need 10 channels. So a pillars need 4 channels, front doors 2 channels, rear doors 2 channels and rear deck 2 channels. Plus subs. I have a 4 channel kenwood amp. I would like to use this amp for the a pillars. i have full ex and time alighnment on my DSP.

My question is will it work if I split my aux output on my dsp going in to the 4 channel amp to run the front mid and tweeter? The 4 channel has a HPF and a LPF.  So on the dsp amp channels 1-6 controll the rear deck, rear doors and front door. The 4 channel amp control a 3" mid and tweeter. Or is there an amp that will do this like the kicker key?

Here are the amps i own.

Kenwood DSP XR600-6DSP

Kenwood 4 channel amp KAC-M3004

•  
you can just tie the rear doors and rear deck speakers on the same amplifier channels and use the remaining channel for the sub. I wouldnt bother with  rears at all though, waste of money and power and it destroys your soundstage along with a lot of other negative effects.. Focus everything on the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.