Soundstream picasso

Participant count
  • Participant list
Taramps is a better choice then what he is looking at as well granted no 5 channel but you're better off going separate amps anyways. Wolfram like you said is rock solid as well, I am still undecided on which one I am going to get when I upgrade early next year. Plus their pricing isn't bad when you factor in their discount codes that are all over the place.

Soundstream had some really nice amps before they were bought out. I wish I could get a hold of one of those big SS 5 channel amps that were so vastly under-reported for their power, but if you do find one they cost an arm & a leg for a good reason. Had a chance to get one several years ago but passed on it and the price was right, been kicking myself for that ever since.

NVX is good. Taramps for mids and highs are actually really good as well.  Wolfram hella overpriced and gets completely spanked by nvx in terms of raw power output and SQ at higher output levels due to soo much more headroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfram isn't overpriced. I got both amps for around 630 bucks w/ free shipping AND 10% off. Where else can I get a good or better deal for a 125rmsx4 and a 3k++ mono amps?!

Taramps is a better choice then what he is looking at as well granted no 5 channel but you're better off going separate amps anyways. Wolfram like you said is rock solid as well, I am still undecided on which one I am going to get when I upgrade early next year. Plus their pricing isn't bad when you factor in their discount codes that are all over the place.

Soundstream had some really nice amps before they were bought out. I wish I could get a hold of one of those big SS 5 channel amps that were so vastly under-reported for their power, but if you do find one they cost an arm & a leg for a good reason. Had a chance to get one several years ago but passed on it and the price was right, been kicking myself for that ever since.
You must be talking about the 705s and/or Continuum, which is the same exact amp except chrome and more $$.

Btw, I cannot PM you back. Made a post to administrator to fix the issue....tried on my computer several times and on my phone.

Found an nvx refurb for 124 shipped, ended up w that.  This is just going in a daily driver so im keeping it pretty cheap.  

Gonna put midbass in the back doors and coaxs in the front.  Unless 

You must be talking about the 705s and/or Continuum, which is the same exact amp except chrome and more $$.

Btw, I cannot PM you back. Made a post to administrator to fix the issue....tried on my computer several times and on my phone.
Yeah maybe that is the model number on it and Boomin as I said in that post you did I had to delete and restart a couple private message conversations because I was having the same issues as you are. Their "cloud" or w/e they are using is corrupted.

Wolfram isn't overpriced. I got both amps for around 630 bucks w/ free shipping AND 10% off. Where else can I get a good or better deal for a 125rmsx4 and a 3k++ mono amps?!
250 bucks for a 125 x 4 amp. The pioneer gm 8704 does the same numbers at 130 dollars give or take a few watts.  NVX absolutely stomps it almost 1.5x more power at 180. So yes in terms of 4 channels its overpriced dollar per watt. You wont notice a difference in sound quality either, if anything the NVX will be cleaner at extremely high volumes due to ridiculous headroom.

250 bucks for a 125 x 4 amp. The pioneer gm 8704 does the same numbers at 130 dollars give or take a few watts.  NVX absolutely stomps it almost 1.5x more power at 180. So yes in terms of 4 channels its overpriced dollar per watt. You wont notice a difference in sound quality either, if anything the NVX will be cleaner at extremely high volumes due to ridiculous headroom.
Lol...aint nobody rockin NVX in monster builds. But I've seen my 4 ch amp for 200 bucks which is a  really good deal. That was a temporary price tho. Also seen my 3k amp for 400 bucks too.

So now a 250.4 is coming out along with a 7500 and a mid/tweeter. They're on the rise.

Lol...aint nobody rockin NVX in monster builds. But I've seen my 4 ch amp for 200 bucks which is a  really good deal. That was a temporary price tho. Also seen my 3k amp for 400 bucks too.

So now a 250.4 is coming out along with a 7500 and a mid/tweeter. They're on the rise.
the nvx jad 800.4 is the same amp as the ppi 900.4 which A LOT of heavy hitters uses but the NVX is better built with better internals than the ppi 900.4. Dyno numbers dont lie, Real life competitors dont lie lmao.  200 bucks for your wolfram is still 20 dollars more expensive than the NVX and gets absolutely **** on in the dyno.  I expect something 250 dollar new retail range to be in the 180 rms x 4 power range which you could have gotten with an Alphard deaf bonce 180.4 which is a korean class AB with the same money but all aboard the wolfram forum boner band wagon.

https://www.amazon.com/Taramps-DS-1200x4-Channels-Amplifier/dp/B07BK9M6S2/ref=asc_df_B07BK9M6S2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312069187648&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15337593125402305627&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1014247&hvtargid=pla-628002683214&psc=1

this amp for 225 bucks does 192 x4 @ 4ohms at 12.6 volts (way more at 14.4) so idk where the value is in wolfram 125 rms x 4 at 14.4 volts when you look at every other offering on the market.  The DS series of taramps was tested by big D wiz and did big numbers at 14.4 volts.  idk even if the wolfram costs 200 bucks i'd gladly pay 25 bucks extra for literally double the power or pay 20 bucks less for the NVX for 1.5x the power.

Last edited by a moderator:
the nvx jad 800.4 is the same amp as the ppi 900.4 which A LOT of heavy hitters uses but the NVX is better built with better internals than the ppi 900.4. Dyno numbers dont lie, Real life competitors dont lie lmao.  200 bucks for your wolfram is still 20 dollars more expensive than the NVX and gets absolutely **** on in the dyno.  I expect something 250 dollar new retail range to be in the 180 rms x 4 power range which you could have gotten with an Alphard deaf bonce 180.4 which is a korean class AB with the same money but all aboard the wolfram forum boner band wagon.

https://www.amazon.com/Taramps-DS-1200x4-Channels-Amplifier/dp/B07BK9M6S2/ref=asc_df_B07BK9M6S2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312069187648&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15337593125402305627&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1014247&hvtargid=pla-628002683214&psc=1

this amp for 225 bucks does 192 x4 @ 4ohms at 12.6 volts (way more at 14.4) so idk where the value is in wolfram 125 rms x 4 at 14.4 volts when you look at every other offering on the market.  The DS series of taramps was tested by big D wiz and did big numbers at 14.4 volts.  idk even if the wolfram costs 200 bucks i'd gladly pay 25 bucks extra for literally double the power or pay 20 bucks less for the NVX for 1.5x the power.
Well look at it this way....sure beats what I had before!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.