2011 Subaru outback dual alternator question

Participant count
  • Participants list

Aric Sumner

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys I am going to be installing a second HO alternator in my engine bay. I already have a DC POWER 270amp 14.9 volt. The second is a BOSCH HO 280 amp that is rated at 14.7 volts. 

My question is this. If I wire both alts in parallel will the two unmatched outputs cause issues? If so what would they be with only .2 volts difference? And finally. How can I best avoid issues while still utilizing these alts as efficiently as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Probably the adapter brand. Other users have found that the pins do not coincide with the factory pinout guide. They have solved this by pulling...
HUGE thanks to everyone who contributed in here to helping me determine my amp was the issue. You guys were great. I now own a multimeter which...
Hi crew! I’m reaching out for some help. I have a 2011 Fiesta SES and have all the parts needed for a conversion to Sync 3 except the harness...
Ok. I think I get it. There's really not much to be gained between charging them at say 60% and 100%. At least not on a daily system. Please...

About this thread

Aric Sumner

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aric Sumner
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Aric Sumner