Right side audio quieter than left

Participant count
  • Participants list

bncvic1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, I tried searching the group if there were was others having the same issue but not luck. I bought my car (Subaru liberty) about a year ago with a preexisting JL xd700/5 amp already hooked up. The car has a HimBox Bluetooth device which plugs into my car aux port. The car also had a PAC lp7-4 which is a 4 line channel output converter. Before a couple of cables would come loose and I would lose my right side speaker volume but I would just readjust the cables and it would work as required. I got it rewired by a professional at Autobarn because the guy before did a horrible back yard job and it was discovered that the head unit loom was too short and posed a fire risk. I can no longer access the PAC lp7-4 converter now after the rewiring. Now my right side audio isn’t as loud as my left and gets even quieter at times. To have centred volume I need to have my balance set to R03 out of 09. My left front speaker fuzzes at times as well now. My question is- could the new wiring that has been done professionally have highlighted how bad my speakers are and may need replacement or could there be a loose wire somewhere. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙂

The only legit suggestion is that your gonna have to have the entire sytem gone through by someone who knows what they are doing. Who knows? Wiring is probably fucked up. Connections are probably bad. It's the price you pay when you dont do your own work. Hell you may just be like @ThxOne and have a wonky ear. 😜

The only legit suggestion is that your gonna have to have the entire sytem gone through by someone who knows what they are doing. Who knows? Wiring is probably fucked up. Connections are probably bad. It's the price you pay when you dont do your own work. Hell you may just be like @ThxOne and have a wonky ear. 😜
I didn't quite hear whatcha said... something about a wonky beer?

But yes... May have to start from scratch. Remove all speakers, test them on a known working radio, stereo or whatever... A home stereo just to make sure each speaker isn't messed up. Test the amp outside of the car and hook it up to some speakers and see if it's functioning correctly.

You could bypass the head unit all together and run something like your phone straight to the amp (or a DSP to the Amp) and then to the speakers using your own speaker wires. That would take out any variables of the factory components interfering.

balanced- means the audio has been turned to be in the centre

full- means all audio has been balanced to that side.

big difference, same song obviously. 

D78F7657-C6A5-453A-A9E1-A49724FD5B4E.png

0A2A3494-F3E0-4776-A4EE-2BFA1C2F4188.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.