[1st build] Ported enclosure help for single SoundQubed HDS3.112

Participant count
  • Participant list

schwol

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need some help with my first enclosure build. Pardon the inexperience. I've done a bit of research. I've been trying to figure out this basic design for a month now. I've tried WinISD but I can't for the life of me grasp that at this point. This being my first build, I want it as basic as possible. I'd love to keep my cuts (dimensions of MDF) as simple as possible as well. This will be powered by a SoundQubed S1-1250 @ 1ohm. 

Sub specs - https://soundqubed.com/hds3-1/

Vehicle : 2013 Hyundai Sonata

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 30" W x 14" H x ~any" D (I have wiggle room on depth. decent size trunk)

Subwoofer make and model: SoundQubed HDS3.112 D2

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: Single

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot? Something easy.

What type of music do you like?: Everything but LOTS of rap and deathcore

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Can I have a bit of both?

Tuning Freq (Hz): ?  32hz I guess?

Volume : ~2ft^3 or larger

Questions: So I've tried my hand at WinISD but am having trouble with it. I tried subbox.pro and came up with this design - https://subbox.pro/en/b/anwchHHKJ. Is that website worth my time? This box is supposedly 2ft^3 @ 32hz. 

Winisd does not model accurately below 50hz because it can't do cabin gain.

Rap and deathcore are 2 vastly different types of music, there will have to be a compromise somewhere. You will either have to compromise on low end extension or transient response. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.