Help! Car Audio Question

Scott Howard

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2019 Chevy Equinox with the standard factory sound system. It sounds good on radio and Sirius XM (which is mostly what I listen to) but if I play music from my phone through CarPlay, it sounds horrible. If you turn the volume all the way up, it sounds like a small transistor radio on low volume. Is there anything that can be done or is this just the way it is? Appreciate all the help I can get. 

Youve got a Crapple and want good sq? To answer your question have you tried playing over Bluetooth or aux in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Youve got a Crapple and want good sq? To answer your question have you tried playing over Bluetooth or aux in?
Yeah the factory speakers aren’t great but playing music through the phone is terrible. Aux in. I have not tried blue tooth yet. 

Ok, thats the Lightning cable, and it would be CarPlay. However, if you have more than 1 USB port, one is usually for Apple and the other for Android, so its possible youre using the wrong one.

Ok, thats the Lightning cable, and it would be CarPlay. However, if you have more than 1 USB port, one is usually for Apple and the other for Android, so its possible youre using the wrong one.
USB stand for universal serial bus, highly unlikely that one is relegated for android and the other for apple due to the first word in the acronym

USB stand for universal serial bus, highly unlikely that one is relegated for android and the other for apple due to the first word in the acronym
Might wanna do some research before you argue with that.. every major aftermarket deck specifies this difference.

There is only USB port up front where you are supposed to plug your phone in besides a different shaped one which must be for the android. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening before. It *****. I’m stuck listening to the radio and can’t stream music I want to hear. 

There is only USB port up front where you are supposed to plug your phone in besides a different shaped one which must be for the android. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening before. It *****. I’m stuck listening to the radio and can’t stream music I want to hear. 
what model deck is it?

Post a pic, both ports will be the same size...

Might wanna do some research before you argue with that.. every major aftermarket deck specifies this difference.
hey look!!!! a deck with one usb port that does apple car play!!!!

http://carshoponline.site/product/pioneer-avh-2300nex-multimedia-dvd-receiver-with-7-wvga-display-apple-carplay-android-auto-built-in-bluetooth-siriusxm-ready-appradio-mode/

even if there are 2, still seriously doubt that it would cause music to be nearly inaudible if its plugged into the "wrong one". it would either work, or not. you could be right, but thats just not how usb works

fwiw, the only reason a deck would give a **** about whats plugged into what port is the driver thats installed on the boot image for the operating system. Its far more expensive to install 2 individual usb port chips that talk to the motherboard than one single daisy chain set of 2 plugs that would then leave the interpretation of what is connected up to the deck. the ONLY reason this would make any sense is the assigning of priority in the OS when using more than one usb cable which is caused by the software on the deck. if only one usb port is being used, i highly doubt that it makes any difference in the slightest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.